Hello!

Thanks for including me.

I have a few pieces of Carver equipment. I like to take things apart and figure out how they work. Many years back I uncovered my m1.5t and started poking around. At one point, my o-scope ground ring inadvertently grazed the top connection between the main board and the front amp card. Let's just say that the 4800uF cap that was charged up to something around 120V did not appreciate my sloppiness. Don't remember actually damaging the amp at that time, though likely shortened the life of that capacitor? It was a good lesson.  I've been significantly more careful in my future efforts.

I downloaded the m1.5 service manual and found it to be excellent. More detail than I expected. Thanks.

Fast forward to the present ..... I was poking around here a few months back and one of the topics that really interested me was a thread where it was possible to "ask Bob" a question. Great idea. I find the Carver solid state amp design to be very interesting.

At some point I'm going to find that topic and "ask Bob" a question about his design philosophy.

• Thank You 7

• Community Admin

Welcome to the site, @timmyjim. Glad you found us. 

The "SEARCH" at the top right is your friend to help find things.  It's my favorite go-to part of the site to find what I need.

Hello timmyjim, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif