New To Carver

Hi All -

Happy to be a brand new part of this community!  How about a little about me.

I'm a fifty-something empty-nester in Portland, Maine.  I've been into stereo equipment since the 80s when I was in HS and college and have recently started getting back into it.  Just bought my first piece of Carver equipment; a Receiver 900.  WOW!  I love it.  It was something I coveted back in the 80s but never had the money for that, especially when I started having kids.  I am running that with a vintage pair of Allison IIs, and just also picked up a Technics SL-1200 MkII.  Eventually, I'd like to get into some separates, but I'm not in any rush...I'd like to learn a bit more about Carver separates and what to look for, etc.

Anyone else in this community in or near southern Maine?

Chip

• Thank You 6

Hello Chip, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

A couple of the more popular setups here is a BillD modified C1 or C11, a modded M500t or M1.0t, and more speaker choices than I'll ever recall. The possibilities are almost endless.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif