Good to be there!

I'm Mathieu, living in Burgundy/France.

Discovered Carver stuff when I was about 13 old, in the 80's. The time of huge systems, big Magnepan tympani's driven by 2 of 4 Carvers, and so. 

I forgot the brand for about 20 years, and went to other  stuffs (...). I specialy dedicated my time to repairing/optimising Electrostatic speakers (Acoustats and Dayton Wright's mainly). These stay very desirable speakers, and have been forgotten by the audio word. 

About 10years ago, I had occasion to purchase a 1.5, and was amazed by the musicality and living energy of that amp.  

I start collectecting many 1.5's, TFM's 42 and 45, Bose 1800-VI, even a preamp c19...

Carver amp have replaced high-end stuff in many of my friends's systems now. These transistors amps pass very well with low efficiency systems, they bring a sensation of life, deep and clean bass, without any agressivity or harshness. 

And in addition, Bob Carver has all my sympathy. His incredible engineer skills and ability to keep alive his company are amazing, and he really brought to the audio community a new and diagonal vision of what should be audio stuff.

• Thank You 9
  • That Rocks 1

Hello Mathieu, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

The M1.5 and TFM 45/42 are popular amps here, and the C19 pre is one on my want list. Congrats on your gear (and your English). :D 

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1