Introduction

I'm still relatively new to the carver scene but have been interested in audio since I was young.

I most recently have repaired a mxr-2000 receiver I had in my closet sitting the last 5 years. It is what brought my attention To carver equipment which i soon became very interested in.

Since the repair and getting some first hand listening, I have acquired a pm-600 amplifier with a m400a cube on the way.

The cube is untested and I'm under the assumption it is no longer working. But is something I look forward to repairing and having a listen!

Not much of an introduction I suppose but I am looking to be more interactive with the carver community. 

Thanks.

• Thank You 5

Hello, RedLunar47 and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I believe you've come to the right place. We have members with many levels of technical know-how, from almost none (that would be me) to Carver certified professionals. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

image.jpeg.c9c8f5185c57cef7e900ceb8bbb7adbe.jpeg

Welcome to the group!  I see the additive nature of Carver gear, already has it's hooks into to - too late to warn you about OCCD, so just embrace it and enjoy the ride!  

I'm not remotely technically inclined, though like many people here, I'm fascinated with it.  As a result, I've watched many repair videos, including for the M400 series.  They are a real challenge - it's very difficult to access the components to test anything in place, and it's a definite 3-D jigsaw puzzle to get it all back in that tight space.  Just take your time, be patient, and don't let the beast get to you, and it'll work out great!

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy the music!  :D

• Thank You 1