2023 Reservation Discussions

sea

I have out the initial cabin list out there.  Please take a look and confirm your intent to exercise dibbs from last year.  For the cabins that are available, speak up if you want to stake your claim.  Please reply on this topic thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ed,

Russ and Kirk (and wives) plan to stay in cabin 11 and really look forward to seeing everyone again for CF 2023.  We all had a blast last year and it was really great to meet everyone.  We will most likely stay for most if not all of the scheduled dates but will let you know if that changes. 

Edited by straylight

• 1 month later...

I have updated Cabin list with confirmations for those I have heard from.

There is not much space left but please don't let that keep you for options.  There are several one bedroom Treehouse units available.  Other options include several Watershed/Stonewood cabins that are off site but close and several hotels in the close area.  The first year Randi and I attended we stayed at the Nantahala lodge just up the road.

Good Day to All,

I am pleased to report that Mike Drinkwater has agreed to push the 2022 rates without increase.  The 2023 Calculator is in the files section.  This will allow you to play around with your possible dates and have a good idea of the total before you call.  This calculator should get you close to the total that will be given to you by the Stonewood Agent.  Please reach out to me if you have questions or are having trouble getting the calculator to work.  I would be happy to work through some scenarios with you.

The longer your stay the better your nightly rate.  For 8 or fewer nights the nightly rate is discounted 40%, 9 to 13 nights gives a discount of 48% and 14 or more nights results in a discount of 54%.

Our primary contact again this year is Kenna Armachain.  Her contact info is - keena@stonewoodcabins.com - Phone 828-237-1307

Back-up contact is Pam Delk,  Her contact info is:
pam@stonewoodcabins.com - Phone 904-318-6250

The deadline for making your reservation, with a 50% deposit, is June 1.  Cabins are being held for our group until July 1 at which time they will be released for rental to the general public.

Please let me know if there are questions.

Ed Atkins

Ed

Looks like Patricia will be joining me this year, we are looking at Treehouse "D"

Thursday 14th Sept to Monday 18th Sept.

Have sent an Email to Stonewood, once space is confirmed deposit will be paid.

It's going to great returning after missing a couple of years, looking forward to seeing the old gang.

Brian

On 4/14/2023 at 1:11 PM, sea said:

I corrected Keena's phone number.

Good Day to All,

I am pleased to report that Mike Drinkwater has agreed to push the 2022 rates without increase.  The 2023 Calculator is in the files section.  This will allow you to play around with your possible dates and have a good idea of the total before you call.  This calculator should get you close to the total that will be given to you by the Stonewood Agent.  Please reach out to me if you have questions or are having trouble getting the calculator to work.  I would be happy to work through some scenarios with you.

The longer your stay the better your nightly rate.  For 8 or fewer nights the nightly rate is discounted 40%, 9 to 13 nights gives a discount of 48% and 14 or more nights results in a discount of 54%.

Our primary contact again this year is Kenna Armachain.  Her contact info is - keena@stonewoodcabins.com - Phone 828-222-0802

Back-up contact is Pam Delk,  Her contact info is:
pam@stonewoodcabins.com - Phone 904-318-6250

The deadline for making your reservation, with a 50% deposit, is June 1.  Cabins are being held for our group until July 1 at which time they will be released for rental to the general public.

Please let me know if there are questions.

Ed Atkins

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @sea.... quick question for you.  I've never been to Carverfest.  But, I live reasonably close to where it's held.  I'd like to come out this year.  I am not really able to stay a week.  But, I could maybe stay a night or two, or maybe just drop in for a day.  It would be cool just to meet some of the folks I interact with on this site, maybe get a peek at some of the cool gear you all have....etc.  Is that kind of attendance okay?  What are your thoughts/advice?

16 hours ago, Kurt said:

Hi @sea.... quick question for you.  I've never been to Carverfest.  But, I live reasonably close to where it's held.  I'd like to come out this year.  I am not really able to stay a week.  But, I could maybe stay a night or two, or maybe just drop in for a day.  It would be cool just to meet some of the folks I interact with on this site, maybe get a peek at some of the cool gear you all have....etc.  Is that kind of attendance okay?  What are your thoughts/advice?

Hi Curt, Pleased you are considering attending this year.  Yes, it is perfectly fine to stay a short while on site or off site and come in to visit.  There are only a couple of one bedroom units available right now.  You can request for as little as one night.  However, if someone comes along and wants for a longer time frame you could get bumped out.  Please message me with you name, email address and cell number.  I will add you to a email group.  I will respond with my cell number and would be glad to discuss withy you further.

Check out the reservation list.  We have two newcomers to the Treehouses for the last weekend.  Would be time for others to slip in for the first weekend or for a few weekdays.

• Thank You 1

• 3 months later...

Here we are a few weeks away from another CarverFest.  The early comers will start arriving on the mountain almost exactly one month from now.