My intro.

I'm new here, so..  + 70, retired and a life long lover of sound reproducing equipment.  Currently own and use four M 1.5t s, one M 1.0t, one M 4.0t, four C-11, two C-16, One  Sunfire  TG II ( ? ), one SD/A 490t, one Tascam CD-RW901 MKII, one TDR 2400, one Akai 635D  one Thorens TD165 turntable, all outputting into 7 pairs of Speakers , mainlyy  Pioneer, Polk, and Sony.  Beyond this there are several  non used and/or non functioning amps and preamps.  I am thoroughly impressed by Carver's design elegance and the impeccable reproduction  that is so characteristic of his equipment.  My goal is to learn so as to maintain and if necessary, reair the pieces that I have and enjoy so greatly.  byroc

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 2
  • OMG 1

image.jpeg.e225c4c0272e7906cf1b247d04bdf0dd.jpeg

Welcome to the group!  That IS quite the collection - congrats on it!  

You are certainly in the right place for info on maintaining or repairing equipment - Carver and others.  There are lots of folks here who have a mass of knowledge, myself, unfortunately, not included (what are all those pretty components stuck on that circuit board?!?!?!).

Join in the fun, and make sure you take time to enjoy the music!

Hello byroc, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

A very nice collection of gear! I think you'll fit right in here.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the welcomes !!  I'm flipphone ophile and am on the " verizon" of communications here,so please bear with me while I try to overcome the shortcomings of cutting edge technology  and provide some pictures.  Presently i am having trouble finding  Audio caps in the values required by my stuff,  how do you work through this ?

byroc

Welcome aboard! 
I see you arrived already fully infected with OCCD (Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder).

Nice collection so far…😁

As for parts searches, you just gotta be persistent.

There are shortages and some items are end of life.

Good luck with your endeavors!