New receivers

Hey guys! 

I am not on here a lot, but was a member of the old CarverAudio.com.

I have a Sunfire Ultimate Receiver and TGR-3 I just picked up.

Does anyone know where I could buy remotes for these?

Also, I want to keep one and sell one if anyone is interested?

I also picked up some other gear if anyone is looking:

Mirage FRX-5 Speakers
Niles Amp SI-230
Niles Amp SI-245
Niles Amp SI-275
Niles ZR 4630
Adcom Preamp GTP-500
Adcom Preamp GTP-600
Adcom GFA-545 Amp
Monster HTS 1600 Power Cond
Spectrum Acoustics 210R EQ
Panamax MX5102 Power cond
Panamax MAX 5300
Mirage Omni S10 Sub
Polk Audio Sub
Klipsch Sub
Yamaha sub
Acesonix DGX-109 Karaoke
Denon AVR  531
Numark EQ
Yamaha RX-A2000 Receiver

Key Digital KD-MXA8X8Pro

I am going to try to be more active on here and get some advice on my current and new setups.

Cheers!

Chris

• Thank You 4

• Community Admin

Welcome back, Chris.

Did you look on Ebay for the Sunfire remote?  There are three listings today - not sure if these are the right ones - but the search was for "Sunfire Remote" so you should be able to find them quickly.  I think outside of an aftermarket or Ebay, a remote for a sunfire is going to be unobtainium.

image.thumb.png.7e54f31a568afa270efa8c2eb027baec.png

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Cring08 said:

I did see these, but was unsure if they would work. I may have to roll the dice on one and/or go aftermarket.

The Sunfire remotes are pretty much the same TG-II through TG-5 which include the first 3 receivers I believe the IV & 5 have a couple pro logic buttons that the earlier ones don't have but all basic functions and controls are the same. The very top one in the picture above is the correct remote and will work on both units, once you have a working remote you can buy a universal and clone / copy it pretty easily. 

• Thank You 2

31 minutes ago, Cring08 said:

I would love to get one and a power cord if you have one?

Thanks!

Chris

A guy turned me on to the Hospital grade cords awhile back as a cheap alternative to the fancy cables, the plugs are tight fitting and seem to be good quality. Other generic cords can be found online for about what it costs to ship them. Factory Sunfire cords are a 14ga 2-prong but a 3-prong works just fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325455731917?hash=item4bc6ac5ccd:g:~JIAAOSwRJJjknKo&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0DLe4ohlMddNeiZ%2FYNiH7%2FOwT8QP2sz5FcS%2FQ0i5l%2FyidllsHGKm8bY8X9uzF8K3nnctt6GWsk%2FsdrNKyHJAv%2Bw6OeNfIf0%2BzyLxfBOYoqnCRTQVu00WWANpoY6aDwjF7bp6jfMiDbsECGVF3ut%2FYzBLRlloGnHdCAA8yykzAyW%2FTO7WGfAEs29fvHSWZBHweEoDnhI2plAnkH68Q%2Fr2r652wLeMISnKJftpyMcLc0UNF1t9gtPmThCLaUzy0X%2FBf70qFytYzk%2Fj%2BDqI9hC%2BKq0%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5zJ0M_5YQ

• Thank You 3

I have a few of these, thanks!

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

A guy turned me on to the Hospital grade cords awhile back as a cheap alternative to the fancy cables, the plugs are tight fitting and seem to be good quality. Other generic cords can be found online for about what it costs to ship them. Factory Sunfire cords are a 14ga 2-prong but a 3-prong works just fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325455731917?hash=item4bc6ac5ccd:g:~JIAAOSwRJJjknKo&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0DLe4ohlMddNeiZ%2FYNiH7%2FOwT8QP2sz5FcS%2FQ0i5l%2FyidllsHGKm8bY8X9uzF8K3nnctt6GWsk%2FsdrNKyHJAv%2Bw6OeNfIf0%2BzyLxfBOYoqnCRTQVu00WWANpoY6aDwjF7bp6jfMiDbsECGVF3ut%2FYzBLRlloGnHdCAA8yykzAyW%2FTO7WGfAEs29fvHSWZBHweEoDnhI2plAnkH68Q%2Fr2r652wLeMISnKJftpyMcLc0UNF1t9gtPmThCLaUzy0X%2FBf70qFytYzk%2Fj%2BDqI9hC%2BKq0%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5zJ0M_5YQ

32 minutes ago, Cring08 said:

I would love comments on which one of these to keep?

They initially appear similar.

Any thoughts?

The Receivers? I personally prefer the original still have a couple in use. The TGR-3 was built in China after Bob Carver sold the company to Elan. I found the newer models to be a bit more black or neutral sounding where the older units seem to have a touch more flavor not by a lot but noticeable. All in all they are very similar and both decent units. 

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Cring08 said:

I would love to get one and a power cord if you have one?

Thanks!

Chris

If you are looking for the remote for the TGR3 I have one.  I have power cords too. 

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 1

This is the remote that's in the manual for the TGR 3.     PM me if interested. 

IMG_0529.JPG

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 3

Did you download the manual for the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver from the Manuals and Spec sheet page? It shows a the remote that comes with the unit and it looks like the one Rob shows above.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Cring08 said:

Will this remote work on my Ultimate receiver?

trying to figure out how to program now.

That's the remote model I had with my Ultimate Receiver. Beware they eat AAA batteries like a fat kid at the dessert bar.

• Thank You 2

3 hours ago, weitrhino said:

That's the remote model I had with my Ultimate Receiver. Beware they eat AAA batteries like a fat kid at the dessert bar.

I always pulled one out when I wasn't using it because it stays on all the time.

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 1