Mic Check 1 2 1 2

HI, I'm Mic Check, yea that's right. Officially Michael Check

I prefer to work on my own stuff, I'm cheap when it comes to repairs or upgrades that I can do myself.

I'll try and research before I ask a repeated question.

Mic

• Thank You 10

Welcome!!  Looking forward to hearing about your equipment, and also seeing some pictures  of your gear.

Edited by BobTFM35

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all to the warm welcomes.  I was able to repair my preamp using information on this site. I hate say it but I have a C-2. I replaced the power switch today after being in the closet for some time.

Should I Ebay it and trade up? 

C-2.thumb.jpg.8bd62f60a09b2b608f55185d1c305463.jpg

And my next project is a CAP upgrade for the PL-400, that and refoam my 901's

PL-400.thumb.jpg.ac7013d57d47aec9cbb7ee3212d1db25.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 4

So much personal preference on all this Carver gear. The C2 is a nice preamp but if you're not actively using it, why not move it along to someone that can put it to good use?

As a suggestion, try listing it here in the classified section before you move it to eBay. Let's you avoid eBay's 14% (or so) commission fee and you'll have potential buyers that will likely understand what they are purchasing.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1

• Community Admin
19 hours ago, miccheck said:

Should I Ebay it and trade up? 

Assuming you fixed it, initially/primarily, to use it, I say, enjoy it, until you are ready to upgrade..., if ever.

Me?  I love the C-2, and it's the preamp in my office system.  Been doing duty there for years, and will continue as it matches the rest of the gear of that line, in the office stack.  TX-2 tuner, m200t amp, and DTL-50 CD player.  I cannot complain, at all.  

I also have another C-2 I use for testing gear on the bench..., small, capable, useful little preamp.

• Thank You 2

It seemed that people were poo pooing the C-2 on "other sites". I bought it because of the  price and the brand. It's my only preamp at this time and I do plan on running with it, now that I replaced the power switch.

We've been living out of boxes for the past three years and now that I'm almost finished with building a house, it's time to crank up some tunes!

I'm an old school two channel guy; Nakamichi 480Z Cassette, Nakamichi MB-4s CD, Carver C-2 Preamp, Deer Creek EQ901 Elite Equalizer,  Phase Linear 400 Amp,  Bose 901 Series II speakers, and a Polk Audio PSW125 Subwoofer.

Planning on building a cabinet similar to this one I spotted online. It needs to hold all of the above plus my A/V system.

img_1_1708641779110.thumb.jpg.914c38b3885fc96d0ba0733845ccdbc8.jpg

• That Rocks 2

Welcome aboard!  I am primarliy a 2 channel guy as well.  I do have a HT setup that I dust off once in a while, when I decide to watch a movie (which is almost never).   I have never heard a pair of the 901's but hear they are pretty high up on the rankings for the non Bose folks.  Had a pair of 301 IV's back in the day, but that is far as I took it..

Anyhow, you will enjoy the wealth of information and helpful people on this site.  Have fun! 

• Thank You 1