Hi.  I own a Genesis G200 with Carver mid ranges.  Unfortunately, after 30 years my midranges are starting to fail (they sound awful).

I was hoping to someone can repair or has a pair to sell.

From other message boards - Ed Seas (please excuse if I misspelled the name) repairs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I love the look (tiger wood) and sound of my Genesis and would love to have them around longer.

Jim

• Thank You 8

Welcome to the Carver Site!  Genesis are some beautiful speakers.  The Carver you have running the mid-range section.... do you know which model Carver amp?...   Lot's of good folks here who can help, I'm sure.

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the site.

I'm not familiar with the Genesis G200 or its relationship to Carver ribbons.  But, Ed Atkins is the guy that repairs Carver ribbon drivers.  He's a member here.  User name is @sea.

• Thank You 1

Correct - it's the 4 speaker system.  2 bass towers and a tweeter / mid range tower

midrange is RD48

• Thank You 1

PS - thank you for all the replies...  Still trying to figure out how out to individually reply to people.

Kurt - midrange is RD48

Thank you to wrf (for the contact info)

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome, @jimmyk, glad you are posting.

Now, we must see a picture of your Genesis..., 😉  We love pictures.

Ed Atkins, @sea is the guy you are looking for.  He's a member here, as noted.  Give him a bit of time to respond.

18 hours ago, jimmyk said:

PS - thank you for all the replies...  Still trying to figure out how out to individually reply to people.

Hi Jim and welcome to thecarversite.com

If by individual replies, you mean a private message, you can just hover your pointer over a person's avatar until a popup appears, in the lower left hand corner of the popup will be "Message". Click on Message, and that will open the PM editor, and it's similar to sending an email.

If you mean a reply in forum, under every post is  "+    Quote" . Click on "Quote" for a reply to a single person, or click on the "+" if you're going to reply individually to more than one person in a single post.

If you just want to reply to a smaller part of a post (like I did here), then you can highlight what you want to reply to, and then a small box with "Quote selection" will pop up and you click on that.

I hope that helps, and again, welcome to C!

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Kurt said:

Welcome to the Carver Site!  Genesis are some beautiful speakers.  The Carver you have running the mid-range section.... do you know which model Carver amp?...   Lot's of good folks here who can help, I'm sure.

Thanks for the info!  Very helpful

• Thank You 1

20 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Welcome, @jimmyk, glad you are posting.

Now, we must see a picture of your Genesis..., 😉  We love pictures.

Ed Atkins, @sea is the guy you are looking for.  He's a member here, as noted.  Give him a bit of time to respond.

System.jpg

• Thank You 6

Does anyone know the approximate weight of a 48inch Carver midrange - just the actual midrange unit Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Heard the story about Arnie Nudell and Paul McGowen going to Bob Carver for help with that midrange design.

Bob had a stockpile of really good magnets he had salvaged from Boeing and used those in the ribbon midrange design. 

Note: When a brilliant guy like Arnie Nudell (a laser physicist) ran into problems and needed help, he called Bob Carver..

Edited by Ar9Jim
  • Thank You 1

On 5/16/2024 at 4:22 PM, wrf said:

Welcome to the site.

I'm not familiar with the Genesis G200 or its relationship to Carver ribbons.  But, Ed Atkins is the guy that repairs Carver ribbon drivers.  He's a member here.  User name is @sea.

Thank you for the recommendation.  Much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...