Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

System Pictures

20101127113225254.jpg20101127113132644.jpg20101127112946953.jpg

Pictures show current viewing setup, then next one is what it looked like before I downsized and updated a few pieces. The 3rd picture is my current setup.

Top to Botton

23" Dell HD Monitor

Keyboard

Panasonic DMR EZ485V DVD Recorder/Player/Digital Tuner

Octava HDMI Switcher

B&K Ref 50 PreAmp/Processor

Sony 400 Disc DVD Changer

Creative X-Fi Interface

HK HD7600II CD Player (Vintage and still going strong)

Sony BDP S1

Monster Power Center HTS5000

Carver M1.0t mkII (powers to front center channels)

Carver M1.0 mkII opt 002 (powers front 2 channels)

Parasound HCA 806A (powers sounds)

Definitive Technology Speakers

STS Towers (Front L & R)

Mythos Eight (Center)

Mythos Gems (Side & Rear)

Supercube Reference Sub

Video

BenQ PE8700 Projector

Current picture shows one center. I am awaiting delivery (today) of a 2nd Mythos Eight which I will put at the bottom of the screen.

Hoping to soon replace the Parasound Amp with a Carver AV705 or AV806.

Really nice set up! Is that a Benq 8700 or the 8700+ I had both models and they are nice but now I have the epson 1080p that got rave reviews and was cheap emteeth.gif

I think it's the +. I want to upgrade to 1080p too but still holding out for now.
Nice setup Maddmaster. Is that a very large screen or a very small room?

That part of the room is an extension of the basement. The screen is 106"  16:9 ratio. Using that part of the basement for most of the sound I do not piss my neighbors off unless I really get to cranking.
Tell Walt I'd be happier here if I could find someone worth a damn for a haircut!

Awright, I don't want to hijack your thread.  I didn't really have the space for the Amazings before but my beautiful wife tolerated them anyway.  Now it's no problem.  Dude, you need something beefy in the speaks department.  Consider the AL-III's or a sub and some Sunfire ribbons. 
  • 2 months later...
Tell Walt I'd be happier here if I could find someone worth a damn for a haircut!

Awright' date=' I don't want to hijack your thread.  I didn't really have the space for the Amazings before but my beautiful wife tolerated them anyway.  Now it's no problem.  Dude, you need something beefy in the speaks department.  Consider the AL-III's or a sub and some Sunfire ribbons. 
[/quote']

Hey Rodney, the sub is there just no shown in the pictures. You are right though. Those front speakers couldn't cut it without a sub in the room.