kve777

EICO TUBE TESTERS FOR LOAN

Do you want to test some tubes, but don't have a tester?
I'm going to offer loans on two of mine:
EICO 625- Good for older tubes, if you are into antiques like 2A3, 6SN7, even many miniatures like 12AX7.
EICO 628- Good for more modern tubes, 6550, 8417, 6DJ8, etc.
These are Dynamic, not Mutual Conductance. (I do have a TV-7B/U, but I really don't want to let that leave, as I use it all the time.) they will allow you to weed out bad, shorted tubes and really weak ones while also allowing you to 'match up' pairs for P-P amps to a good degree. A Mutual Conductance tester is preferred for matching, but you can get good results from these.
This offer is open to members with 200+ posts, just pay shipping both ways, if there is a list, ship to the next, etc. I will include instructions and tube charts. Also my phone # and email, in case you need help. Try not to keep it longer than a week. Plan ahead so you can make the most of it. PM me any questions. Enjoy that tube sound! Kevin
20101219095253523.jpg 

Stickers

Damn Kev' date=' that is very generous of you, wish I had enough tubes to take you up on it. [/quote']
I'm going to Philly again on Friday...driving right by...BTW- What's with the Ford I saw in your driveway, looked kinda dead.

Stickers

Yes, very generous offer.

I was thinking that you really need a tester for those auction lots of NOS tubes in the box.  You have to wonder just what percentage are used NOS dead or dying ones stuck in the box the replacement came in.  I know that the repair shop always gives me the dead ones back in the new packaging to show that they really did replace the tubes.

Yes' date=' very generous offer.
I was thinking that you really need a tester for those auction lots of NOS tubes in the box.  You have to wonder just what percentage are used NOS dead or dying ones stuck in the box the replacement came in.  I know that the repair shop always gives me the dead ones back in the new packaging to show that they really did replace the tubes.
[/quote']
Yup! Could not agree more! I hate seeing boxes with different #'s written on the end, then I know they are crap. I have tested  well over 10,000 tubes, owned about 50,000, testing is tedious. The EICO's really are fast, if you have a lot of the same #. Very good basic testers. I have boxes and boxes of crap right now that I would sell for 5 cents each. Some NOS, mostly TV stuff, no real audio use. Might make good art!

Typically, I use the EICO's for weeding out crap, then go to the TV-7 for the valuable ones, like the pair of Mullards that went for $250.00. You need precision for tubes like that. Some guy in Hong Kong is going to be thrilled!

Stickers

That's a nice neighborhood. Roads are kinda windy for my big Ford van' date=' though, hills must suck when it gets icy...emsmileo.gif

Yes, sliding down the hill isn't any fun at all. I've actually slid to the bottom of the driveway more than once.emdgust.gif

This is another outstanding offer' date=' Kevin.  What is your background that you would have had access to so many tubes in the past?
I was fixing TV's and stuff as a kid and used to go to the dump and pull all the tubes out of old tv's and radios, bring them home, test them, etc. I was an auto tech, still am, but I started Kevin's Vintage Electronics (KVE) back in '05. I bought out an Estate lot from a hoarder. I paid $2500 for 20+ tons of gear including a 1 ton van load of tubes. I actually bought a Chevy van to store them in(and for parts for my other Chevy 1 ton). It was packed! I once brought 52-5 gal containers to a flea market and sold them for $50.00, I had gone through them and no good audio tubes were left. I ended KVE at the end of '09, so it's just a hobby today. I know the audio tubes pretty well, now. I wish I could afford a pair of Bob's latest...Santa, are you listening?

Stickers

I wish I could afford a pair of Bob's latest...Santa' date=' are you listening?
You're welcome to come down and put your ears on mine sometime. 

I hope you have a gun.
I would bring my favorite tunes, give them a listen and when done, need to shoot my brains out!

Stickers