kve777

XM radio- anybody using one in their system? Possible road show.

If there is enough interest, I will roadshow one of my Sony DRN-XM-01 receivers. I have tried several, and this is the best sounding XM I've heard, as good as a good CD player. Who's got satellite radio in their systems? What receiver do you use? How does it perform? Who is interested in trying it?
20101219100249403.jpg 

Stickers

I do not have any kind of satellite receiver in my system but, after using it in several rental cars, I have to admit I really like some of the programming. Specifically, I always look for "The Coffee House" channel because it seems to have the greatest selection of music I don't mind listening to while driving. I always seem to come back from each trip with at least one or two selections that I had previously not heard, but end up hunting down on CD.

I wouldn't  mind hearing more about Sirius XM from the standpoint of someone who uses it in a stationary receiver. I think I've already seen some weak points on the road - e.g.: bridges, garages, inclement weather. How do you think it performs in a stationary system, and what are some things I should look for if I considered adding it to my system?

I wouldn't  mind hearing more about Sirius XM from the standpoint of someone who uses it in a stationary receiver. I think I've already seen some weak points on the road - e.g.: bridges' date=' garages, inclement weather. How do you think it performs in a stationary system, and what are some things I should look for if I considered adding it to my system?

I find I listen to it all the time! I have two at home, one in each car and one at work. It blows FM away. Jim, you wanna be first on the Roadshow?

Stickers

I wouldn't  mind hearing more about Sirius XM from the standpoint of someone who uses it in a stationary receiver. I think I've already seen some weak points on the road - e.g.: bridges' date=' garages, inclement weather. How do you think it performs in a stationary system, and what are some things I should look for if I considered adding it to my system?
[/quote']
I find I listen to it all the time! I have two at home, one in each car and one at work. It blows FM away. Jim, you wanna be first on the Roadshow?
Sure Kevin - I'd be glad to check it out. It's something that has interested me for a while. Put me on the list - and thanks for offering it up.

I'd be interested as well' date=' I've never had the opportunity to live with XM for any time, so this would be a great way to find out if I want it at home.

Greg

Once I got it, I could not live without it! That's why I have five!
The List:
1. jldeni
2. peck555

Stickers