Hello from Central Florida :)

Hello Everyone ,

New member from Central Fl here .

I'm just getting into making a decent home audio system , as our kids are all grown

up and on thier own ( well , as on thier own as children get :)

So far i have a pair of Magnepan MGII C's that a friend helped me modify with a

pair of NEO8's from Parts Express. The tweeter section of the maggies was defunked .

Still have to add the notch filter on the Neo's to tone them down some .

I picked up an SD/A390T cd player and C-20v pre amp for 25 bucks each . Neither of them are operable at the moment but i have hope :D .Physically they both look great

Also have a CT-24 that works fine and a pair of Emotiva UPA-1 mono amps .

( heck of a holiday sale they had )

Very glad to have found you guys party.gif

Bill

Exactly what did you do to your Maggies? 

I'm waiting for a new ribbon for one of my 3.6s - I think that having a subwoofer to close behind it may have led to it's early demise.

Hi Steve ,

I got them really cheap ,and wasn't worried about hurting them so much . So we cut a hole next to the woofer section of the speaker and installed the neo8's at ear level . We have some other mods we are going to try on them aswell eusa_think.gif

I will post some pictures in the coming weeks .

Bill

Hello and welcome,

I am also  a newbie from central Fl. but an old audio nut.
I have a pair of Amaizings driven by a pair of 80w bridged mono Golden Tube Audio Amps and they sound ...well amaizing. They are fed by a Dayton Wright SPA MKII pre that has out preformed my Luxman's, Conrad Johnsons , and a slew of others. I am happy with everything about the system with the exception of  a little smaller sound stage than I have had from other, more efficient, speakers. Will a ECS-U add anything or am I just puting something into my perfectly black simple signal backgrounds anyone?

I also play bass and use a Carver pm 1.5 with a unheard of pre made in canada like the DW I tell ya the Canadians make great pre's and hockey players.

Well I'll get some pics on here soon of the systems.

Thanks everyone for being hereemsmiled.gif

Welcome to the forum Bill and M@, always glad to have some more central Fl. members on the forum, lots to read and lots of mods for your equipment can be found here on the site, hope you guys stick around and join in the fun..........