Hi from St. Louis!

Hi.  Great site!

A little intro--system is (please don't laugh too hard):

Technics SL-1650 w/ Denon DL-103A

Yamaha CDC-697 CD changer

Pio Elite VSX-92tsh as a front end and using its DAC for the CD

Carver C-1 between the receiver and amp, for MC phono and as an interface to the amp (more on that in a later post)

Carver M-4.0t

Magnepan MG-IIIa mains

Advent 1 center and surrounds (they're next to go)

The M-4.0t is just installed today, replaces an M-1.5t.  Pass XVR-1 is coming end of the week, going to biamp w/ the 4.0t on top.  The 4.0t is much smoother than the 1.5t, but the 1.5t's bottom end is so quick that I miss it.  Soon, though, the best of both worlds!

I have another C-1 and another M-1.5t, have to figure out what to do with them now.  I was going to biamp w/ both 1.5ts, but the 4.0t came up and, well....

Glad to be here,

Dave

Guest jwilson55

Welcome Dave! I have just joined the forum a few days ago myself. There is a lot of good info here. Enjoy!

Thanks, all!

I must admit I'm clueless on how to paste images--tried to post in "What are you listening to" and couldn't get the album image in. Can paste text but not images from the win clipboard. Even tried setting the profile for a different editor (do you have to log out and back in for that to take effect?).

Typical learning curve, I guess. Maybe it will work this time:

KentonRedlands.jpg.e59ff5fe783eb2e8c4ea74ba06d78fa7.jpg

Thanks, all!

I must admit I'm clueless on how to paste images--tried to post in "What are you listening to" and couldn't get the album image in. Can paste text but not images from the win clipboard. Even tried setting the profile for a different editor (do you have to log out and back in for that to take effect?).

Typical learning curve, I guess. Maybe it will work this time:

That's an image attach using the old 'attach files to this post' method.  If you are using CuteEditor, you can use the 'insert image' button on the toolbar.  It'll automatically resize large files, let you link to images, let you wrap text around before and after pics, etc.

• Thank You 1

Guest motobeagle
Welcome from Illinois. I'm pretty new and the people always seem to give help when asked. Great bunch here. Jim