Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Bridge of the Fesarius

Due to a recent peace treaty between our peoples, I am authourized to allow you a first look into the Fesarius.  My recent trip to Perrys (PDR) yielded a major change in my system.  My B&W 602 speakers have been replaced by a very nice pair of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers!

20110829171125860.jpg

So, the TV is a 42 inch Samsung plasma.  I built the TV stand last month.  Monster Power Center and Sunfire Ultimate Receiver ll on the left side.  Satellite receiver, Panasonic DVD player and Panasonic DVD recorder on the right.  There is a space in the bottom right corner for a M1.0t Mkll that Rich is building for me.  Yes, the curved window at the top has a piece of cardboard blocking it.  What a stupid place for a window (living room faces west so lots of evening sun).  Yes I live alone.  The center speaker is a B&W 600 series LCR.  I placed two Carver Site Mug/Room Harmonizers on the TV stand.  The room sounds like crap without them.eusa_shifty.gif

Turning north;

20110829171849594.jpg

My homemade cabinets which originally were for record storage are now storing DVDs and such.  The guitar is an Epiphone Sheraton.  The covered amp behind the guitar is a Fender Hot Rod Deville.  The amp to the right is a little Fender Frontman 25R.

A shot of the rear;

20110829172517446.jpg

I built a corner shelf to put the right rear surround speaker on.  There is a voodoo mask on the speaker because I had to put it somewhere.  Yes, the left surround speaker is perched precariously on the stairway rail post.  I already said, I live alone.happy0009.gif

Looks nice. 

I really like that Sheraton, that neck looks like a fast one.

We've got to find you a hefty Eskimo woman to rub your sensitive skin down with some walrus blubber, no?  She'll probably knock that speaker off, Blutack or no.
Whew!......glad you posted, that was hard to keep quiet.......Rod knew, damn his eastern telepathy.... 

If I would of known about those Carver harmonizers......I never would of let the Originals go.....

They look great in your room, I'm so happy they will get some use now....Youve seen my place, too many speakers stuck in corners not being used......its a disease......

Hope they sound as good as you hoped they would..... of course I know thisguy that knows how to build absorbers.....emwink.gif

I am having a hard time believing you live alone......not one black velvet painting anywhere...... 

Hope you enjoy them.......

Perry 
I organized the remotes for the pics,....Duh.happy0009.gif  I forgot to mention, you guyz are NOT allowed to sell any of my stuff on Kijijiji.  Also, the rear surround speakers are PSB alphas.

Whew!......glad you posted, that was hard to keep quiet.......Rod knew, damn his eastern telepathy.... 

If I would of known about those Carver harmonizers......I never would of let the Originals go.....

They look great in your room, I'm so happy they will get some use now....Youve seen my place, too many speakers stuck in corners not being used......its a disease......

Hope they sound as good as you hoped they would..... of course I know thisguy that knows how to build absorbers.....emwink.gif

I am having a hard time believing you live alone......not one black velvet painting anywhere...... 

Hope you enjoy them.......

Perry 

I just soiled myself!!!!!happy0009.gifhappy0009.gifhappy0009.gif
Your new stuff looks great. One question though.
Did you ever mention having a listening room that was 11 x 30 or something or is my memory going?

Looking forward to your thoughts on the sound in your room and how you wind up tweaking it. 
Anything you do is going to be relevant to my setup. 
What are the dimensions of the bridge?

We've got to find you a hefty Eskimo woman to rub your sensitive skin down with some walrus blubber, no? 

No.

The neck of the Sheraton is too fast for my pre-arthritic fingers.

@martin1970.  Your memory is intact.  My dedicated two channel system with the Musical Paradise amp and the B&W 805 speakers is about 11 feet x 30 feet.  These photos are from the living room.  The room is about 13' 6" across the front and about 15' front to back.  The ALS are 3 feet from the front wall and about 14" from the side walls.  The couch is about 11' from the speaker plane.  They sound fantastic in this position.  Almost no spare room.........msp_thumbup.gif

I have never had speakers of this magnitude before.  I have always had two way stand speakers, first the  B&W 602 (first generation) and then the 805s.  I have only listened to a few CDs so far but there is significant bass and high frequency information that I never new was there.  This is very exciting.
Thanks Steve.  I am sure Perry will pick up a MP 401.  It can't be beat at its price point.

I bought the PSB alpha speakers about 12 years ago from a former employer for $80 canadian which I think at the time was about $7 dollars US.  He had put together a surround HT in his house, but his Receiver immediately shut down trying to drive the speakers so he had to get different speakers.happy0009.gif  I wish I could remember what receiver it was.  My Carver HR895 receiver drove these speakers easily with only 35 watts/8ohms to the rear.