Halloween Music

BillD

Anyone have favorites to scare the little kiddies that come trick-or-treating?

Of course, the classic is Johann Sebastian Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, a great piece of music, and it deserves to be heard. It's become associated with Halloween as the ultimate example of spooky music mostly because it was used in all those old movies that featured mad organists playing their subterranean instruments beneath old opera buildings in the middle of the night.

Another great album I play on Halloween is Witches Brew with Alexander Gibson conducting the New Symphony Orchestra of London.

b2b381b0c8a0b2b21182b110.L.jpg 
2d2781b0c8a0f70106e59110.L.jpg 

Telarc's Chiller is my favorite Halloween compilation. It's also really, REALLY well recorded.
I have the opening sequence (thunder, squeeky door, screams, etc.) looping on the front porch right now.

Chiller.jpg

Telarc's Chiller is my favorite Halloween compilation. It's also really, REALLY well recorded.
I have the opening sequence (thunder, squeeky door, screams, etc.) looping on the front porch right now.

Chiller.jpg

mine too, I tried to upload the flac to the media library earlier today.
track 4 is by far my favorite 

Anyone have favorites to scare the little kiddies that come trick-or-treating?

Of course, the classic is Johann Sebastian Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, a great piece of music, and it deserves to be heard. It's become associated with Halloween as the ultimate example of spooky music mostly because it was used in all those old movies that featured mad organists playing their subterranean instruments beneath old opera buildings in the middle of the night.

Another great album I play on Halloween is Witches Brew with Alexander Gibson conducting the New Symphony Orchestra of London.

b2b381b0c8a0b2b21182b110.L.jpg 
2d2781b0c8a0f70106e59110.L.jpg 

Of course, the classic is Johann Sebastian Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, a great piece of music, and it deserves to be heard.

Hey Bill, If you like jazz you have to hear Kenny Dorham's "Trompeta Toccata" I'll try and find a clip for you...