Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It looks like Bob Carver Audio Repair has shut down for good....

Posted by jjptkd at carveraudio:

Just got a call from Rita, Bob has decided to shut the doors at the service center for good this time at the end of the month. Needless to say she's a bit upset and kind of confused as to how Rolland keeps a continuous 8 week backlog of work and they've been starved out for quite awhile. :? My short answer was marketing-- either way this really sucks!! :( :( :( :(

Will the repair end for the older gear get incorporated into Bob Carver LLC?

Who will repair the Sunfire gear?

Dunno.

Rolland at HiTech & Aunders at Vintage HiFi in Pittsburgh work on Sunfire, but I'm unsure of their ability to source ALL parts.

That is really unfortunate. I wonder why this has happened. Maybe Bob saw more opportunity in building new units, than repairing the old ones. Although, the new ones will need repair at some time, also. All we can do is just wait and see what he has in store for his loyal fans.

Guest warbird
Hi,

This is my first post. Just a few minutes ago I sent an e-mail to get my name in the "queue" for a mk II upgrade to my M1.0t.

phl0g1st0n@cox.net  is the addy I sent the message to. Is this Bob I emailed or someone else? Will I e able to get my amp refurbished and upgaded?

Thanks

Charles

Hi,

This is my first post. Just a few minutes ago I sent an e-mail to get my name in the "queue" for a mk II upgrade to my M1.0t.

phl0g1st0n@cox.net  is the addy I sent the message to. Is this Bob I emailed or someone else? Will I e able to get my amp refurbished and upgaded?

Thanks

Charles

The MKII upgrade is done by RichP (who owns this website and hosts this forum).  He is a total seperate entity from the one being discussed above so your good!

Hi,

Thanks
Charles

This is the email of Richard Pecoraro.  He is the engineer who designed these modifications you seek. 
Guest warbird

Thanks VERY much fellas. I am looking at buying some more Carver equipment and did not want to purchase it if I could not get it refurbished and this upgrade done.

Again, thanks so much.

Charles

I would imagine Roland will continue to do repairs on his own. I have no idea of his talents or his ambitions, but anyone in todays ecomany that has found a nich would be a fool to let a talent too just slip by. Unless you just want to retire to a isolated place and watch the world run you over.

20120809152042702.jpg

Negatore, mon ami.

RichP is the owner of this site and he came up with the Mk. II modifications to the M1.0t and M500t.

Roland is fellow who purchased a boatload of Carver parts and he operates a repair shop. 

No connection to RichP.

Rita was always good with me so it's a shame.

I would be surprised if Mr. Carver continues with repair of his earlier gear but that's just a guess.
Guest warbird

Negatore, mon ami.

RichP is the owner of this site and he came up with the Mk. II modifications to the M1.0t and M500t.

Roland is fellow who purchased a boatload of Carver parts and he operates a repair shop. 

No connection to RichP.

Rita was always good with me so it's a shame.

I would be surprised if Mr. Carver continues with repair of his earlier gear but that's just a guess.

10-4.........