Sign in to follow this  
snow

Bedini CD clarifier road show

I have a Bedini handheld CD clarifier that I will put up for a roadshow if there is any interest. I am not certain how this thing does what it does and of course some people feel it is snake oil, but in my oppinion it greatly improves the sound of CD's especially older recordings. Instructions are simple play a portion of a CD first so you know how it sounds first then remove the CD and put the CD onto the clarifier holder making sure it is firmly in place hit the power buton let it spin for 10-15 seconds turn it over and repeat, insert CD into player and enjoy.

Qualifying requirements are as usual 200 posts and ship to the next fellow and the last fellow return to me.

When I intially bought this thing I had very low expectations because I didnt see how spinning a cd in circles could improve the sound and actually still dont understand it. But I am here to tell you my jaw dropped to the floor after trying the first CD there was a huge difference in sound quality. Feel free to call me a fool if you wish. LOL

REGARDS SNOW

It doesn seem crazy, but I have no experience with it, and have heard from others that it makes a marked improvement in the sound. Looks like it creates or nullifies an electrostatic charge on the media, which ostensibly allows the beam to pick up high freq content with more accurate fidelity.

The retrieval of digital signal is one of the achilles heels of CD playback; many of the $$$ CD transports pay alot of attention to the high freq carrier signal, etc. upon which the sigital signal is modulated.

I wouldn't dismiss this; I bet it works

Stickers

Rich - Are you telling me that a little electrostatic buildup on my CDs can actually make my player think that the bottom trace looks like the top trace??? =;

Looks like it can turn Led Zeppelin into Lawrence Welk.

audiogr.gif

All I remember is a post somebody had quite a while ago (and I don't remember the site either) that showed how the CD mechanism's retrival of data from the disc is highly suspect. You'd think that being a digital medium, you'd be getting at least a digital input the the DAC, but that's not the case; the bits have to be read from the disc first, and they are read as a modulated high frequency carrier. Dirt on thye lens, foggy discs, beam diffraction, ALL effect the datastream that eventually gets fed to the player's DAC.

Given this, it's entirely possible that this device can have an effect on the perceived quality of the playback. (I think).

Not having $$$ to spend on a mega-buck transport is one of the reason's I'm delving into the pure digital scene (no disc transport and associated problems, just bits on a hard drive played through an offboard DAC).

Stickers

You may well be right Rich about how it works. As I said earlier I was very skeptical, in fact I told myself as I was spinning the first CD around your a fool snow for even trying this thing, because there is not a chance in hell it will do anything while looking up to make sure no one was watching me :ddd . But I managed to get it for next to nothing on Ebay and I have a lot of respect for the Bedini brothers John in particular so I thought what the hell why not.

Now I cant guarantee that you will like the difference it makes with Cd's but I can promise you that unless you are stone cold deaf you will hear a difference allright and as mentioned the worse the recording the bigger the difference.

No I havent tried it on either DVD's or SACD's but anyone that wants too please do and tell us if it makes a difference to you. It looks like Perry is up first followed by perhaps Bill then Rabbit? Steve, Snarffy, Stereo dog, Rich, Harryfan. If anyone mentioned so far doesnt want in let me know.

REGARDS SNOW

hhclarif.jpg.f27c69647b20482c5e8cb8ad734cfcb7.jpg

All I remember is a post somebody had quite a while ago (and I don't remember the site either) that showed how the CD mechanism's retrival of data from the disc is highly suspect. You'd think that being a digital medium, you'd be getting at least a digital input the the DAC, but that's not the case; the bits have to be read from the disc first, and they are read as a modulated high frequency carrier. Dirt on thye lens, foggy discs, beam diffraction, ALL effect the datastream that eventually gets fed to the player's DAC.

All of that may be true, but that comparison chart is total BS. Which leaves me wondering: If this is a legitimate product, why do they need to resort to such a hokey demonstration? :-"

All of that may be true, but that comparison chart is total BS. Which leaves me wondering: If this is a legitimate product, why do they need to resort to such a hokey demonstration? :-"

Most likely the same reason/s companys have catch phrases like digital ready speakers or "Monster Blu" Blu ray capable HDMI cables etc, Its all about marketing and the common misconceptions people have about such things, most people wouldndt have a clue how to read the most simple of charts/graphs but it looks impressive.

All I can say is try it for yourself and see if it actually makes a positive difference in your system.

REGARDS SNOW

hmmmm........Since it looks like I'm first up.....and I dont care how it works just IF it works

I'll try to give you an honest review.....I have a really nice tube CDP and a decent SS Denon

and a couple of different systems to try it on. My wife and daughter are not into audio at all

but both of them are younger and have better hearing than me......I'll torture them with a

session and get their opinions also.......I'll try anything once...twice if I like it....o:)

On a side note I had my daughter turn on and off the roadshow BBE.....used her as a remote

and she gave me her 12 yr old opinion right away on which she liked better.........brat.

Perry

On a side note I had my daughter turn on and off the roadshow BBE.....used her as a remote

and she gave me her 12 yr old opinion right away on which she liked better.........brat.

Perry

Lol of course she gave you her oppinion she's a girl and girls are opinionated :dd It's cool that you did something fun with your daughter. o:)

I will get this out to you friday.

REGARDS SNOW

No of course not. In fact I will start a new thread asking everyone that wants in to reply there and tell me in what order that they are in, because at this point im not 100% certain who is in or out.

REGARDS SNOW

Allright Perry it is on it's way to you it should arrive in about the same time period as the BBE it was sent yesterday. For some reason they allowed me to send it first class rather than priority mail international which used to be my only choice and even though USPS has raised all of its rates it is far cheaper first class than priority. Why? I dont know, the ETA is virtually the same 5-10 days first class 6-10 days priority. It was $5.75 or something first class and $20.00 + priority so all of you guys shipping to Canada be aware there is another option now :) You may need to rebox it as im not sure how long this box will last but I was in a hurry to get it shipped and used what I had on hand.

REGARDS SNOW

Thanks Snow.....

Dont know why shipping to Canada is so $$........prob cheaper to mail overseas??

I have a ton of boxes here and will repackage before I send it out.

Perry

Hey Snow the bedini showed up today......not exactly what I was expecting......dont know what I was expecting....:)

No instructions so....how long do I let spin?.......I'm assuming I place it up like I was placing it in a player.

Can hardly wait to try it out later tonight when it cools down......fricken living room is like a oven

OK........I tried this thing on my downstairs system......2 songs only......mustang sally by the commitments and rudy by supertramp

Commitments has only been spun about 10 times....just got it and the supertramp spun at least 50, had it for a while.

Downstairs sytem= Sunfire 5400/TGP-5, Denon 2930ci, and my arrays

It makes a difference......what surprised me is that it improved mustang sally....a lot, and rudy enough to be noticable.....!!

I really wasnt expecting it. I thought it would be more subtle.........weird.

Sounds like the music isnt as compressed if that makes sense.....???

Gonna try it on my tube system......much better CDP....and I'll let you know.

I really didnt expect to hear a difference.......hmmmm....WTF??

Pretty cool when something so simple makes a big difference eh? I have no clue, but I THINK it homogenizes the hot-spots on the disc. IOW, the plastic will have areas of high static charge and low (being a nonconductor) and this thing blasts the disc with a beam that creates a more uniform field, that is somehow easier for the disc to read through?

Stickers

OK........I tried this thing on my downstairs system......2 songs only......mustang sally by the commitments and rudy by supertramp

Commitments has only been spun about 10 times....just got it and the supertramp spun at least 50, had it for a while.

Downstairs sytem= Sunfire 5400/TGP-5, Denon 2930ci, and my arrays

It makes a difference......what surprised me is that it improved mustang sally....a lot, and rudy enough to be noticable.....!!

I really wasnt expecting it. I thought it would be more subtle.........weird.

Sounds like the music isnt as compressed if that makes sense.....???

Gonna try it on my tube system......much better CDP....and I'll let you know.

I really didnt expect to hear a difference.......hmmmm....WTF??

To answer your first question regarding how to operate it. Put the CD onto the clarifier holder making sure it is firmly in place hit the power button let it spin for 10-15 seconds turn the CD over and repeat, insert CD into player and enjoy.

Some songs/albums I have noticed a dramatic difference it is like a veil or blanket has been removed from the sound, all of the musicial spectrum improves and becomes more lifelike. Older less well recorded albums are especially improved in my humble oppinion. Like I had mentioned earlier when I got it I expected to hear no difference but it was a dramatic enough difference that I was shocked.

Keep us posted on what you experience good or bad :)

REGARDS SNOW