Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PDR's Silver ICs roadshow

A while back I bought enough (100') of 30AWG teflon coated silver wire, from home grown audio to

make 3 sets of RCA ICs. One set went to my father inlaw, he uses them on his Denon 3806 with a tube buffer to his B&Ws,

and really likes them. I tried them on my Sunfire/array combo and found they make my arrays "bright".

They work very well with my tube/open baffle gear, bring out the mids and highs nicely. I havnt tried them on

my Carver/Amazing combo yet, but I think they will work well.

What I am getting at is that I have a pair that I am willing to let go on a road show. I dont know how many

of you have tried silver ICs, or have tried them at this small a gauge, as I said above they work better on some

systems than they do on others. If you have been wondering here is a chance to try a pair for the price of post.

Here is a pic of my father inlaws:

(Broken photobucket link)

They use these locking RCAs:

(Broken Photbucket link)

If you guys are interested let me know and I'll ship them out.

Perry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a sweep function gen and a scope. I could measure their frequency response. :dd

What would really be interesting is to perform a null test comparing silver ICs to a bunch of other ICs.

OK......So far Rabbit and Dog in that order.........Correct?

Gary pm your address and I'll try to get them off tues....................:)

Perry

• 4 weeks later...

Got 'em, listened to them in several different configurations, and could hardly tell ANY difference between these, my standard so-so ICs and some crappy $1.98 ICs I bought on ebay a couple of years ago. I was tempted at first to say they were a LITTLE brighter, but after multiple listens on different music & moving them to different locations in the path, I'm not so sure. Maybe my ears are getting old...or maybe Sunfire makes all wiring irrelevant... :dd :ddd

ANYWAY, thank you for letting me try them out! They are very nice & the locking RCAs are killer. I think stereo-dog is up next; if you'll PM or email me your address, I'll get them shipped off poste haste.

No problem Gary.......Thats why I stuck em on a road show, so people that

never had an opportunity to try them can give them a spin.

It would be kind of cool if somebody that had silvers could compare these DIY 30ga

to some other silvers they have.

I currently have..... 2 sets of MITs........5pcs Better cables RCA and XLR........1 set of Virtue RCA......2sets of the silver DIY

and can hear a difference on all. I hear a bigger change on my tube gear than I do on my SS.....but I only use one pair

from source to amp on the tubes.

I did pay for a pair of the Carver Audio RCAs back in March........so far nada.......:-"

No problem Gary.......Thats why I stuck em on a road show, so people that

never had an opportunity to try them can give them a spin.

I did pay for a pair of the Carver Audio RCAs back in March........so far nada.......:-"

Gary, do we tell him or not??? :-" :-" :-" :-"

I'm sure I'll get them eventually......

I talked to James about a month ago......when I thought I fried my ribbons....

I think he justs forgets....no worries......o:)

Forgetting to ship after receiving payment is no way to run a business Perry. Unfortunately it happens to James far too often. Fortunately, James is honest and his forgetfulness is the only negative thing I can complain about.

Forgetting to ship after receiving payment is no way to run a business Perry. Unfortunately it happens to James far too often. Fortunately, James is honest and his forgetfulness is the only negative thing I can complain about.

Very true, good guy. James is busy and if he's not he's worried about his business so there's not a happy medium. LOL

I'd rather owe you for months than rip you off :dd . Is there a difference? Part of honesty is keeping your word in my oppinion.

REGARDS SNOW

Snow,

My wife used to work with a Cardiologist that was the same way ( part of the reason she 'used' to work with him) his word was meaningless, but he'd put it out there and make promises as if he were golden, then never follow through, or the follow through would be massively delayed

I think honesty is the watchword here. Honest is a broad term. It encompasses both intent and action. If I say I'll come over tomorrow for breakfast and don't show up until three days later, is that honest? You need the whole truth. Friendship is different. You can be friends with totally unreliable people — at least I can and have been. You just don't trust them on anything important.