Raided the record stores today

Gene C

Figured I would start a thread for good finds on the days we invade the local record shops.

Today was one of those days where I was done with people wasting my time at about 11:00 tongue0002.gif. So picked up some Subway on the way home and had a thought....lets go record shopping. It's been a few weeks, been ordering alot off of Amazon and Ebay so I needed to get out and get some air. It was overcast and about 72 deg, perfect weather to back the Eldo out of the garage and go for a spin. Didn't come up on a whole lotta loot, but did find some records. I have been keeping my eyes open for some of these that were not there last time. And planted some seeds with the owners for future picks. The Yardbirds with Jeff Beck is an import from Spain and PF Relics is an earlier Harvest release. Good scores.

20131029_144323_zpsdfce299f.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Yardbirds sucks, the Pink Floyd is REALLY good.

How's that for a concise record review?

It's alright but the sound quality is not up to par. The one with Rod Stewart and Jeff beck was an accidental rare find. Just saw that "I've Been Drinking Again" Goes for $50 in Good+ condition. This ones in better shape and picked it up for $15. Someone was sleeping when they got the price gun out. happy0009.gif The songs are even hand written on the label and on the back of the album cover. 

Good deal on the Jeff Beck/Rod Stewart.

I've had that Yardbirds album for around 25 years or so and I've listened to it twice.

I was so excited to get it, too!

I put it on and went, HUH? 

Good deal on the Jeff Beck/Rod Stewart.

I've had that Yardbirds album for around 25 years or so and I've listened to it twice.

I was so excited to get it, too!

I put it on and went, HUH? 

What's your take on "Having a Rave Up with The Yardbirds"...do you have that one? It's showing up tomorrow, supposedly near mint. 

I'm going tomorrow.....just getting the dog sled ready now......eusa_wall.gif

LOL! Make sure you slap some photos on this thread with your finds. Big Grin  BTW... you only got 6" of snow, the dogs oughta get you there in no time. happy0009.gif

Picked up some booty, but planed time was cut short. Attorney called me while I was driving and made the mistake of telling him what I was doing today eusa_doh.gifHe said, oh your downtown? Do you mind swinging by Superior Court to pick up some paperwork? Taz.gif I hate going in that building and parking sucks down there. Note to self...Next time record shopping shut off phone. happy0009.gif 

Rush album showed up in the mail today

20131105170705297.jpg
20131105170537985.jpg

Sheik Yerbouti - good choice!

I just ordered some of the remastered  180gm Zappas - Freak Out! and Over Nite Sensation.

I'm glad to see Gail Zappa is slowly but surely doing the catalog.

The Norah Jones album is killer.  A good reference recording for evaluating your system.

Lee, I've been using that Cd for one of my reference for a while now....it is really good.
Havnt heard the album yet...
Have listened to one side of each of the Mofi.....very nice. Only the Cars is 180gm, the others are silver edition.
The Cars album really blew me away. I've been listening a lot to a pristine album (the same) to evaluate and tweak
my new TT. This one has "more". More depth, better separation, cleaner....excellent!

The Adele is meh....I think the CD is as good or better truthfully, but I just listened to 2 tracks before
heading upstairs and typing this and refilling the cocktail. The Cd never was outstanding...too bad excellent album.

Off for more.......later. 

Also picked this up the other day. I am intrigued, as I LOVE Edie Brickell, but I never knew Steve Martin was a singer... Not sure what to expect, but hey - sometimes that's half the fun!

image_zpsbe9ad753.jpg

Nice Mark! Speaking of what showed up today.... party.gif
RUSH: Snakes & Arrows, Permanent Waves (MOFI) Pink Floyd: Obscured By Clouds and Cream: Wheels Of Fire.
20131109_154708_zpse0960786.jpg

That's a nice find on the PF... What's "MOFI"?

MOFI: Mobile Sound Fidelity. High quality repressings/re-issues of great albums. Some are half speed mastered, heavy virgin vinyl etc.

They do many CDs as well.

Also picked this up the other day. I am intrigued, as I LOVE Edie Brickell, but I never knew Steve Martin was a singer... Not sure what to expect, but hey - sometimes that's half the fun!

image_zpsbe9ad753.jpg

I've had that CD for the last 3 months or so.
I like most of it, Steve doesnt sing much...lol
Nice find in Vinyl, bet it sounds very nice. 

I walked into a high end store that had it playing on a large set of Harbeth M40
They only had the one opened copy, but they had no problem selling it to me for $20....tongue0002.gif
Why I DIY so much.... 

• Thank You 1

image_zpsbe9ad753.jpg

I've had that CD for the last 3 months or so.
I like most of it, Steve doesnt sing much...lol
Nice find in Vinyl, bet it sounds very nice.
I walked into a high end store that had it playing on a large set of Harbeth M40
They only had the one opened copy, but they had no problem selling it to me for $20....tongue0002.gif
Why I DIY so much....

Thanks for the input, Perry. Do you normally like Eide? I don't run into many people that gave heard of her...