Raided the record stores today

Gene C

I remember her from the 80's with the new Bohemians.
She had a big hit with "What I am", but really not much after.
Of course when your husband is Paul Simon, a career is secondary....lol.

Her voice has matured on this album with Steve, I like most of the tracks,
and I really like the banjo playing....hes very good.

• Thank You 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also picked this up the other day. I am intrigued, as I LOVE Edie Brickell, but I never knew Steve Martin was a singer... Not sure what to expect, but hey - sometimes that's half the fun!

image_zpsbe9ad753.jpg

I've had that CD for the last 3 months or so.
I like most of it, Steve doesnt sing much...lol
Nice find in Vinyl, bet it sounds very nice. 

I walked into a high end store that had it playing on a large set of Harbeth M40
They only had the one opened copy, but they had no problem selling it to me for $20....tongue0002.gif
Why I DIY so much.... 

Thanks for the input, Perry. Do you normally like Eide? I don't run into many people that gave heard of her...

Her song "What i am" was from "Shooting Rubber Bands at The Stars"...there is a song on that record called "Keep Coming Back" I don't know why it wasn't a huge hit because it just flat out rocks and shows what a great band they where...

Hit up "Stinkweeds" record store downtown Phoenix today. Also stopped next store at Arizona HI FI to look around....  Saw some tube amps in there....eusa_think.gif The owner who I've met before said I could take some amps home for a test run. I said dangerous...Very dangerous... happy0009.gif Besides none of them had 2 ohm taps, only 4 and 8 ohm. They had a set of Quicksilver V4's in there, 120w mono blocks with 4 KT-88's in each..... $5,500.00 emdgust.gif NO GENE! emcrook.gif

20131112_145556_zps73a2d07d.jpg

Hit up "Stinkweeds" record store downtown Phoenix today. Also stopped next store at Arizona HI FI to look around....  Saw some tube amps in there....eusa_think.gif The owner who I've met before said I could take some amps home for a test run. I said dangerous...Very dangerous... happy0009.gif Besides none of them had 2 ohm taps, only 4 and 8 ohm. They had a set of Quicksilver V4's in there, 120w mono blocks with 4 KT-88's in each..... $5,500.00 emdgust.gif NO GENE! emcrook.gif

20131112_145556_zps73a2d07d.jpg

Go ahead Gene -- EVERYONE'S doing it...eusa_whistle.gif

• 1 month later...
More like raided Amazon the other day after Steve's post on the reissue of Frank Zappa's records. happy0009.gif Over-Nite Sensation, Uncle Meat and Roxy & Elsewhere just showed up. party.gifFreak out and a used original pressing of Hot Rats should be here Friday or Saturday.Big Grin

20140108_151339_zpsjwhvttag.jpg

Her song "What i am" was from "Shooting Rubber Bands at The Stars"...there is a song on that record called "Keep Coming Back" I don't know why it wasn't a huge hit because it just flat out rocks and shows what a great band they where...

My favorite song from that album was "Circle", although "Air of December" is a lovely, almost haunting tune.

John

Took a trip to Zia Records today. Had a 5hi7 ton of Zappa over there but am going to hold off for most of the new pressings. emwink.gif
20140110_111346_zpshmcgxsmf.jpg

I see a PF in there:-) is it a special edition?

• 3 weeks later...
Hit up Stinkweeds an hour ago. Wanted to head over to Revolver and Tracks in Wax, but didn't want to get caught up in the early Friday rush hour traffic. emcrook.gif Got some good picks. The Blue Note was new.

20140131_143233_zpsqdrawiay.jpg

I noticed my pockets lighter to in the last 30 days I have purchased well over a 100 lps.  I have to quite going to this site so much!!  eusa_wall.gif  happy0009.gif  no vinyl shops close by, so epray and discogs is my main sorce.Decent prices but shipping is killing me, over 30 days = at least 400.00 just in shipping!!!!

I noticed my pockets lighter to in the last 30 days I have purchased well over a 100 lps.  I have to quite going to this site so much!!  eusa_wall.gif  happy0009.gif  no vinyl shops close by, so epray and discogs is my main sorce.Decent prices but shipping is killing me, over 30 days = at least 400.00 just in shipping!!!!

Why you no post photos?!?!?!
y-u-no_3490742.jpg

HA!!......you got it bad....we should start a club.....wait....we did. 

When I come home from outta town on thursdays, my wife and daughter are at work and school.....so on fridays I go to the office, then I head out and buy some discs.

Todays Score:

Dire Straights.......brothers in arms....I had this, but this is in perfect shape
Dire Straights.......Making Movies
Jethro Tull............M.U. the best of
Doobie bros.........The best of
Ry Cooder...........Soundtrack to Crossroads

I'm enjoying the RY Cooder album right now....way more than I should be....party.gif

Total= $66.00........thats right.......I'm a big spender....lol 

LOL! Spent $84.00 on 4 albums today, the Blue Note was $50.00 new. If I would have stayed out longer may have spent north of $300.00, but between talking with Greg and Gary today I hit the road later than expected.

No pictures but today my beautiful wife found me the first Grateful Dead album.... 

Gold label..... In mono....

VG+ vinyl  solid VG cover.... 

Local goodwill......

Price? ONE DOLLAR!

She brought home  a bunch of other 60s/ 70s rock  as well (35 albums)  but the dead record was the real score.... 

I need to sort through the rest and figure out what I'm keeping and what I'm gifting  

I went shopping with my wife today.
I've heard rumors of a big indoor flea market with a guy that has 20+ thousand albums.

The rumors were true....I convinced my wife to come cause she'd enjoy it..
I was flashed looks when we walked in....its huge....it smelled of must and old tobacco...cool.
She left me for an hour....

Jeff Wayne.............War of the Worlds
Yaz....................... Upstairs at Erics
Bad Company........Desolation Angels
10cc.......................Bloody Tourists
UB40.....................Labour of Love
Rough Trade..........Avoid Freud
54-40....................Show me
Doucette................The Douce is loose
Max Webster.........Universal juveniles (sealed)
My wife picked out:
Jean Michel Jarre....Equinoxe
Jean Michel Jarre....Oxygene

Yep this reads like a radio stations play list in 1985..... one day I'll grow up.

• 4 weeks later...
Went to Zia Records and picked up some spankin new albums today.

20140228_133033_zpsxtgn5ybw.jpg

The Michael Jackson is the only picture album I own now, the other Thriller LP I have saw much better days. happy0009.gif

Went to Zia Records and picked up some spankin new albums today.

20140228_133033_zpsxtgn5ybw.jpg

The Michael Jackson is the only picture album I own now, the other Thriller LP I have saw much better days. happy0009.gif

Nice score, always a treat to get new vinyl.........

I dont have to shop for new albums....
I just go to the post office and "Magically" they appear!

These are some duplicates that Gene had....Thanks Gene!

20140228164456976.jpg 
  • Thank You 1