Raided the record stores today

Gene C

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do a google search on "Happy Days Records" it's an interesting little place that I was thrilled to discover only 20 minutes from my house. There are a couple good write-ups on the web about the place and it's owner.

No Pink Floyd, but a couple nice 180 gram classics, and a MOFI trip back to the highschool days:-)image_zpse6bfc3f1.jpg

No Floyd? Which Floyd albums are you looking for again?

No Pink Floyd, but a couple nice 180 gram classics, and a MOFI trip back to the highschool days:-)image_zpse6bfc3f1.jpg

No Floyd? Which Floyd albums are you looking for again?
Pretty much all of them...:-( the only PF I have on vinyl is DSOTM and Wish You Were Here...

Here are a few pics from my last trip to Happy Days:

Your soooo lucky to have a place like that.emcry.gif 

The guy claims to have over 6 million records...and I wouldn't doubt it. There are several rooms like the ones in the pics with boxes stacked floor to ceiling. There is a second floor on the building that  is supposedly packed as well. He says that he has a couple other buildings too. Nothing is sorted or organized, so you have to be willing to spend some time there, but you can find some gems.

Two more Floyd albums:-) and couldn't pass up Rumors (even though I'm sure it won't compete with the DVD Audio...)

image_zps219972d2.jpg

Thought you already had the 220 gram Rumours album?

Two more Floyd albums:-) and couldn't pass up Rumors (even though I'm sure it won't compete with the DVD Audio...)

image_zps219972d2.jpg

Thought you already had the 220 gram Rumours album?

Not Rumors - this one...

image_zps2d623f53.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
My Father in law has that set, he loves it!

The Geo disc intrigues me.....

ENJOY GENE!! 

Thanks Perry! Have you used that Geo disc before? Seems I have two of them now so the newer one will have to be a Karma...

No......but they magically set carts.....I've seen pics.

I've used the Geodisc about 5 times and tested it against the other protractors I have. It's spot on and easy to use, scary how accurate it is for alignment.

kewl, do you have a link to a sight to show how it works?

Instructions are printed on the Geo-Disc, and it's not rocket science, but here's a video showing how to use it:

• 1 month later...

Nice Mark, picked up the same vinyl a few months ago. You'll enjoy Sound City, watched it again yesterday. Make sure you check out the bonus scenes too.

• 4 weeks later...
Hit up Zia Records today with hopes of getting on a list for the Pink Floyd Division Bell box set due out next month. Picked up some vinyl while I was there.

20140523_143737_zpsgndtqlji.jpg