New Member says HI

Spent some time with my wife this afternoon deciding which of 2 amps to keep. System as of now & for the forseeable future is "sources; Optonica RP 3636 TT, Oppo OPD971H CD player & a nondecript Sanyo cassette deck" into a CT 7 preamp, a M-4.0t amp driving a pair of Vandersteen 2ce's. Really impressed by the clarity & detail of the M 4.0t as well as the tight bottom end. Looking forward to many more hours of listening.

Welcome to the site, Bob! The 4.0t is a killer amp, with TONS of headroom. You my look into having it re-capped (all the electrolytic capacitors replaced, as the have a ~20 year life cycle).

BTW, what was the amp that got kicked to the curb? :-)

Mark

You know the M 4.0t still sounds clean & crisp; I'm not motivated to mess with success but I realize the recap may not be far away. I've posted a very nice PS Audio 200cx for sale on another site. It was a close competition & in another room with other ears, I can see the PS winning the "sound off". I am not excited about selling but I promised not to to be a collector & I need to stay true to my word. Nice forum you folks have here.

Here we have the joy.....

Spent some time with my wife this afternoon deciding which of 2 amps to keep.........

....and the misery .......

...... I am not excited about selling but I promised not to to be a collector & I need to stay true to my word.  

....of the Wife Approval Factor at work!

Welcome, Bob!  

Welcome Bob. That amp should make those Vandys really sing! I going to suppose you have no cats are Wee ones as that's the only reason I did not buy a pair.face20.gif Re-capping just cleans up everything for another 20 years.

I'll bet that 4.0t really makes those Vandys sing...:-)

We are very pleased. I was a bit concerned because at first the imaging was a little flat, not much depth. So I played with positioning the speakers a bit and exercised one of the "options" ( sonic holography) and the combination made a huge difference. Nice depth without muddying up the detail. Seems that the sonic holography is pretty exacting in speaker placement requirements but there was no mistaking when I hit the sweet spot. Thanks again to all for the warm welcomes.