Migration complete - please resume normal use ×
RichP714

Manuals not in the Library (wanted/needed)

Heads Up, we have a new bidder that bidded last night

Might be better to use a sniping program on this, that is what I usually use and it has befitted me greatly 

Raise my donation to $25 too

Agreed on the sniping bid or at least bid in the last 5 seconds with your highest amount.

I am willing to throw in $25 for this as well. Just let me know where to send it. I just had to download a manual from this site for information so I would be happy to contribute. Plan to be a Carver owner for life so I'm sure these manuals will be helpful Big Grin
  • Thank You 1

Mark,

I took the liberty of compiling the proposed donations in this thread, in order of their appearance :

compwaco   - $50

B-Man           - $50

weitrhino      - $??

Zoom             - $25

AndrewJohn - $??

tkd.teacher   - $30

Chuck            - $20

peck555        - $25

xavionics      - $30

Showmodel - $25

This puts us at $255 committed, two unknowns and yourself.

With the knowledge that James and Robert are sitting on a giant stash of manuals that are supposed to end up in the libraries of both forums, anyone have a suggestion on a upper-limit for what these unknowns are really worth ?
  • Thank You 1

Stickers

Just a thought......Maybe we should continue the monetary discussions about this over PM with Mark being the primary contact. If the owner of the auction has already been contacted and knows about this sites interest, I'm sure he would love to know just how much we had "banked up" for his auction. 

I'm a bit late to this party (been out and about) please put me in for $50 as well, I've been wanting to donate to this site and these would be a great way. Snipe it with a grand slam and we'll all split the cost.

Stickers

Rod brought up a good point about the seller seeing this thread, so I moved it into Resident Square. If any of you are in contact with non-residents, please have them PM me with any further questions...

I'll post a new thread in the general forum as well, slightly downplaying our interest...

• Thank You 1

Here's the PM I sent Showmodel and Chuck:

Just a heads up, I have moved the thread on the manuals to a part of the site that is not accessible to the public. I do not think it's in our best interest for the seller to be able to see our communication on this issue.

Please feel free to PM me with any thoughts you have on this auction. I will re-post the thread after the auction ends.

Thank you for understanding;-)

Mark

Now that we're talking about this here, I'm comfortable telling you all that I'm prepared to throw $250 at this from my end. So with everyone else's donations, we've got over $500 buying power - I'm thinking that should go a long way. If it stays under $250, I'll cover the cost myself.

Also, after I thought about it a minute, I think it best NOT to post anything on this in the general forum. What do you guys think? Just let the seller think we lost interest all together, if in fact he's watching.

• Thank You 1

Now that we're talking about this here, I'm comfortable telling you all that I'm prepared to throw $250 at this from my end. So with everyone else's donations, we've got over $500 buying power - I'm thinking that should go a long way.

Also, after I thought about it a minute, I think it best NOT to post anything on this in the general forum. What do you guys think? Just let the seller think we lost interest all together, if in fact he's watching.

I concur. We can PM all the folks who were involved. 

Should another 'find' we want for the community become available, we don't want to tip off the future seller as well. 
  • Thank You 1

Stickers

Now that we're talking about this here, I'm comfortable telling you all that I'm prepared to throw $250 at this from my end. So with everyone else's donations, we've got over $500 buying power - I'm thinking that should go a long way. If it stays under $250, I'll cover the cost myself.

+1.
You don't think you can actually stop us from pitchin' in and helping you get these, do ya Mark?
You have helped many people here.  It's the least we can do.

So you got them for roughly $200 with shipping ??

You da man !!!!!!!!!

If we divide the cost amongst all of the participants, it should be pretty livable for everyone.

If everybody sends the $$ as a gift via PayPal, you won't be charged the 3% or whatever... 

Stickers

Nice Kevin. eusa_clap.gif Your gonna be a scanin and uploadin fool. emwink.gif Movin this back out to the main forum.
I can't do many. I'm slow. We could probably split them up for scanning. I'll post a list once I get them. The seller works on gear, too, so he wanted to know if he could get a digital copy of something if he happened upon a Carver in need. I said OK, giving him my email addy. I also thought to ask about Sunfire and Phase Linear manuals. 

I also thought to ask about Sunfire and Phase Linear manuals. 

I've spoken with James about the Sunfire and Phase Linear schematics, we should have access to them soon. Robert is scanning the Phase Linear paperwork IIRC and James just has to upload the Sunfire schematics from a DVD.

Kevin, why not just divide the total price by the number of volunteers and we can all chip in on par. No need for anyone to tackle a lions share or have anyone donate beyond the cost. I never expected volunteerism beyond the price. Good show btw.