Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bob Carver Corp and new website launched!

BTW, the specs and description of the Silver 700, at the bottom of its page, appear to be erroneous (for a different amp).

Tried to drop them a line, but the "Contact" link doesn't work for me.

Oh, and it was Arthur C. Clarke who said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Wow, nice stuff Bob's got there! Powerful, versatile amps with cool features!

But claiming his speakers are "blow-proof"? That sounds like a challenge! :D 

Wow that is impressive as the only blow proof I have known were pizzo tweeters.  They either must be protected circuits or can't be cone drivers to live up to that claim LOL
I must have been in the woods too long.  Typically a tube amp at most put out 30 watts output.  Now up to 700 Watts? !!! astounding.  And like was already pointed out, since they only come in mono block configuration, doubleing down can be double expensive; out of the majority's financial reach.  They sure are nice to look at, would be a pleasure to hear those things sing.

BTW, the specs and description of the Silver 700, at the bottom of its page, appear to be erroneous (for a different amp).
Tried to drop them a line, but the "Contact" link doesn't work for me.
Oh, and it was Arthur C. Clarke who said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Hi Fill35U,

You're absolutely right, there are a few bugs to fix, I sent a few to Bob this morning. I didn't catch the wrong specs on the 700s, I'll let him know. Thanks for bringing it up!

Thanks!

• Thank You 1

Not that I could afford them anyhow, but I wonder how much for a pair of those 700 mono blocks?  

While not an official price, Bob produced and sold one pair on eBay in May, 2011 for $32,400 with $360 shipping.  I take this price as an early attempt at chumming the waters and establishing what the market will bear.

20140201213458835.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sitting in a bookstore browsing thru the March 2014 edition of "the absolute sound" magazine and what do I see? A two-page centerfold of the Bobfather's Amazing Line Source speakers, followed by another full page showing the Silver Seven 700 tube amp. Looks like he's going for it in a big way.

• Thank You 3
Not that I could afford them anyhow, but I wonder how much for a pair of those 700 mono blocks?  

Any idea regarding the price of the speakers?

Pricing

Prices subject to change without notice.

Silver Seven 700: $32,000.00 USD

Amazing Line Source: $23,500.00 USD

(includes a Sunfire SubRosa subwoofer, my best subwoofer)

Crimson Beauty 350:  $8,950.00 USD

Raven Beauty 350:  $8,950.00 USD

• Thank You 1

I have another friend, call him Sobe. I shared that Bob Carver was back, and that my new (likely unreachable) wishlist would be the Silver Seven 700's. They are priced at $32,000, and they come with a personal installation from Bob Carver, an evening out for dinner and drinks, and story telling until you can't take it anymore "within reason." http://bobcarvercorp.com/pricing.html

My friend Sobe replied:

"Not to get sappy, but I do believe that some audio (from the late 70s and through early 90s) will stand the test of time as - well historic. Stuff like Carver, ADS, high-end early Pioneer, Burhoe's speaker designs, ... this was stuff that was not unreachable - but set a standard when technology advanced very quickly, music became very important, and there was disposable income. There was some of this in the early 60s, like Fisher and AR..., but it was not widely distributed, or priced for the masses. Then came the 90s to today when they make some nice stuf, but except for the stuff at th etop, most of it is crap and won't be remembered. As I have said many times - awesome audio is cheaper than golf and more morally acceptable than an affair. Dinner with Bob, well just don't take your wife. Oh, yes, I'm available for dinner when you need me!" Signed Sobe

Those thoughts brought a tear to my eye - they are true and why I am hooked on Carver and Burhoe's original Epi (with a bit of Fisher tubes and personally-voiced-by-Avery speakers on the side). I think if I ever get one of those new Silver Seven 700, everyone is invited to a barbecue at my house for the install and stories!

• Thank You 1

While not an official price, Bob produced and sold one pair on eBay in May, 2011 for $32,400 with $360 shipping.  I take this price as an early attempt at chumming the waters and establishing what the market will bear.

20140201213458835.jpg
That's a pair?  Because the post states singular.  'Amplifier'
And this...from tlkohler

Pricing

Prices subject to change without notice.

Silver Seven 700: $32,000.00 USD

Amazing Line Source: $23,500.00 USD

(includes a Sunfire SubRosa subwoofer, my best subwoofer)

Crimson Beauty 350:  $8,950.00 USD

Raven Beauty 350:  $8,950.00 USD

Hi there! It's $32,000 for the pair of mono blocks. It's a big chunk of change, but we spend a lot more on cars that depreciate as soon as we dive them off the lot. These amplifiers are American-made, hand-crafted, custom-made to order, one by one (no assembly line) by an electronics artist (Tubular Joe) and voiced and perfected personally by one of the greatest living legend of our generation, our very own Bob Carver. They're built to last for decades and designed to be serviced for generations, a truly heirloom piece of audio equipment. And there might not be a lot of them made, so you'll have a unique piece that might even appreciate with time! It's really worth every penny and when you look at it from that perspective, it's a pretty good deal!

Does anybody know anything about the Carver site shirts?  Would love to wear one to AXPONA
The shirts have been printed and shipped and should be waiting for Rich when he returns from his trip.
He did not provide a timeline but I'm sure he'll let us know when he's ready to receive payment.