Favorite Pictures

Gene C

On 6/29/2021 at 3:02 PM, Receiver2000 said:

Age and arthritis have caused some people’s knees to stiffen, especially overnight.

To loosen them up, it is useful to do this exercise first thing in the morning after getting out of bed.

About 3 minutes seems to do the trick.

Finally, I know who taught Michael Jackson the moonwalk.

• That Rocks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cats are elegant. They approach us. They bump our heads. They have some contact with us, confront our art, appropriate it and redefine it. They know where they looked best. *image.jpeg.0c954f73eac51c7c1b542e477b7408ae.jpeg

*Stealing lines from Ursula K. LeGuinn "On cats..." We are moving. All music, art, cat-scratch furniture packed & moved to a new place, except an old second hand store LP jacket. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2
  • Love this! 1

Some of my favorite pictures.

The A-10 redefined Close Air Support.  Unmatched for 50 years.

MRFAN4WNQNBSBBFDV72YPS2354.JPG

With an unmatched redefinition of nose-down flying attitude at sustained horizontal flight, all while firing it's gatling gun, the A-10 with two huge GE TF-34 engines redefined the concept, accuracy and effectiveness of air-ground strafing.

iVOHv.jpg

Oh, that Avenger 30mm, 7-barrel gatling, it's this big...

A-10-Avenger.jpg

This is great description I snagged from the web...

"The General Electric GAU-8/A Avenger is a 30 mm hydraulically driven seven-barrel Gatling-style autocannon mounted in the US Air Force’s Fairchild Republic A-10 Warthog. Designed specifically for the anti-tank role, the Avenger delivers very powerful rounds at a high rate of fire. The GAU-8/A is extremely accurate and can fire up to 3,900 rounds per minute without complications. The 30-mm shell has twice the range, half the time to target, and three times the mass of projectiles fired by guns mounted in comparable close air support (CAS) aircraft." (Link HERE)

There are a variety of different 30mm shells for different purposes (depleted uranium, tank busting, etc.), but this is a good perspective of size, firing at ~4000 rounds a minute or about ~70 shells a second.  I have a few spent shell casings - they are impressive.

main-qimg-a6e6ab0fdf2cb45276eb93dce36be0

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 3

20 hours ago, BobTFM35 said:

Check out the person standing in the doorway.

xr9TxM8b3YPKM12FTIr1fa9h36nBls6ie_L9KXCC

I've seen that picture before - I've always wondered how they built it in the first place?

• That Rocks 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I've seen that picture before - I've always wondered how they built it in the first place?

I always wondered who was holding the camera, and where were they standing..., 

That pic has been around for years, predating drones with cameras, I think.

• Love this! 1