Hello from Wisconsin

Howdy all.

Feeling good today, 6 degrees outside, minus whatever with the windchill, 7" snow in the forecast, driveway blocked, fridge full, system warmed up, Plats standing to attention and ready to rock and roll.....

Hope y'all don't mind my first post being about nothing!

DAC

Hey,

Thanks for the welcome(s)!

I've been an audio nut for 35 years, been through many system rebuilds, even quit the hobby for a couple years not so long back.
I've participated in a few forums here and there, wrote reviews for PFO for a while, got involved starting an audio club in WI and just basically had lots of fun dabbling with all things audio.
My first experience with Carver products was finding a CT7 in a CD exchange store about 10 years ago, and I've used that in various systems and 2nd systems ever since.

As an owner of Apogee Caliper Sigs and Maggie 3.6's, I was quite smitten the first time I heard the Carver Amazings, and had to have a pair.
I've been the proud owner of hybrid plats (originals with the 60" ribbon kit) for a little over a year now, and love them!
Listen to a wide range of music - classic rock, some jazz, big band / dixie, etc etc.

Here's a quick pic of the system.....

20140217163805495.jpg 

The above was taken before getting back into vinyl after a 15 year hiatus...here's the TT

20140217163915804.jpg 

Anyway, looking forward to posting when I can. .

DAC

Welcome dazed!!

And thanks for the snow....I live across the pond in GR,MI.
It just dumped on us, too.  Lake effect.
Nice Amazings.  What do you power them with?
Cuz I see some tubes in there.......

Welcome dazed!!

LOL, I blame the canucks for everything.  They'd turn the whole world into a big hockey rink if they had their way.

I'm using Ampzilla Monos to drive the Carvers. I've tried a few different amps including Red Dragon, Conrad Johnson, Sunfire and Odyssey, and the Ampzillas are the best fit for my ears. 

The tubes you see are in the preamp and the preamp power supply. The pre is a Supratek Chenin made by some bloke called Mick who lives down-under...

Cheers

Dac

Welcome dazed!!

LOL, I blame the canucks for everything.  They'd turn the whole world into a big hockey rink if they had their way.

I'm using Ampzilla Monos to drive the Carvers. I've tried a few different amps including Red Dragon, Conrad Johnson, Sunfire and Odyssey, and the Ampzillas are the best fit for my ears. 

The tubes you see are in the preamp and the preamp power supply. The pre is a Supratek Chenin made by some bloke called Mick who lives down-under...

Cheers

Dac
Geez.  Zillas on those Carvers sound like a kick ass idea. 
I just got home to 7" of new snow.  I'll get it warm also and lets see if we can make some noise.