New kid in town

Greetings all, My name is Jim  or augie3470 and this is my first time here. I've recently been diagnosed  with a case of audio insufficiency and have been self medicating  with small doses of ebay low dollar, hopefully higher value treatments. A Carver TFM22 is on its way to my home as we speak and I just bought a pair of  Wave touch Audio speakers which my old Sansui 3000a is pushing beautifully. I have a Nad dvd changer and play the ipod through a Schiit Bifrost dac. I look forward to rubbing elbows with some of you more experienced Carver devotees! A Hsu research  VTF2 mkIII subwoofer holds down the bottom end.

5a8d9c7205603_downsizedprofile.jpg.5f100814606e570f617d1641ccb00d3c.jpg

5a8d9c722891e_resizedspeaker.jpg.0e01bf2fba5757345f3921661c1abf30.jpg

• Thank You 1

eusa_clap.gif  Welcome to the site Jim. I just went and looked at the Wave Touch Audio site at the 4 speakers they have....those are some weird lookin' speakers, I've learned something new today which is what happens around here most of the time. It's a great site with a lot of great people! Welcome
Kennett 
  • Thank You 1

Howdy Jim and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you on board. Please post some photos of your gear.

Beware of the dreaded OCCD (Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder). There is NO KNOWN CURE! face20.gif
  • Thank You 1

Thanks for the welcome. The Wave Touch speakers are some unusual looking critters, but i found the review they had posted pretty compelling. If you lived nearby i'd have you by for a listen. Can't wait to get a better amp hooked up to them. My Nad 372 is being spruced up and is in the shop presently

but i will use it as pre amp for the tfm22 temporarily.

Okay please help the new kid. how do i get a photo down to the size allowed. I'm such a techno goober.  Did I also screw up by posting a question about the interconnects. Is there a moderator who can scold me to the proper protocol?

• Community Admin

Okay please help the new kid. how do i get a photo down to the size allowed. I'm such a techno goober.  Did I also screw up by posting a question about the interconnects. Is there a moderator who can scold me to the proper protocol?

Welcome. There is no cure - even the wife can't cure OCCD.  

To process images, I use Microsoft "Snip-It" and Microsoft "Paint."  Snip it does a quick and dirty screen capture, you can copy to the clipboard. Open Paint, and past it.  Then, use "Resize"  in Paint.  It will pop up a dialog box that you can click to "pixels", and the first cell go to "800" pixels wide (I think that is the recommended width for the forum). And the aspect ratio will be retained.  Then save the MS Paint file as a .JPG file.  In the message editor, select the icon that looks like a landscape/mountain on the right side of the tool bar.  Follow the prompts - go slow, sometimes uploading takes a moment or two.  When you click on the tools, give it a few seconds..., your "doin' this in the cloud..." across servers and stuff.

Good luck. And, welcome again.

• Thank You 3

• Community Admin

There is NO KNOWN CURE! face20.gif
THE WIFE
Syonara sweetheart! party.gif

Just like a drinking problem, OCCD sufferers can learn all kinds of effective ways to Whistle "hide" the disease...  Cool  Just ask for guidance here on the forum - otherwise known as the "OCCD Support Group."

What I do I host them on FLIKR then I insert the image via URL 
  • Thank You 2

Welcome to the site, you will find good, knowledgeable and friendly folks here. You have come to the right place to learn about Carver gear.

Play and enjoy your music LOUD,

BarryG

You don't need to resize if you use the INSERT IMAGE applet:
20140317153049114.jpg 

Here's what it looks like once you open it. (Images larger than 800x600 will be resized automatically.)
20140317153216313.jpg 

• Thank You 1

Welcome Jim! Let us know if you're looking for anything. I have a large surplus of gear and I'm ready to share at reasonable prices. I gotta go check out those speakers. I'm intrigued.Just checked 'em out. How do they sound off-axis? Looks like you need to be in your listening position or you don't get much sound. I get the concept alright, I imagine it's a bit like sonic holography effects. Enlighten us, please.

• Thank You 1