CarverFest '08 CD

TNRabbit

Is this a CD of all you guys getting shit faced and singing offkey? :-k

ROTFLMFAO

REGARDS SNOW

Nope; a CD of music samples radioeng2 made.

Ok if it had been a dvd of you all acting like fools I would buy one so's I could sit here and laugh my ass off.

o:)

REGARDS SNOW

1 Desire - Boz Scaggs

2 Who Richard Elliot

3 Take Me Down - Larry Carlton

4 Lord's Tundra - Dean Peer

5 JK Drum Improvisation - Jim Keltner

6 Banana Republic - Jimmy Buffett

7 Behind With The Rent - Mark Knopfler

8 Do I Ever Cross Your Mind - Ray Charles w/ Bonnie Raitt

9 Dun Dum Ba - Chico Freeman

10 Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

11 Hotel California - Beagles

12 Miss Riddle - Boz Scaggs

13 La Grange - ZZ Top

14 Just An Excuse - Larry Carlton

15 Body Language - Queen

I must admit I've listened to it twice now. I had the Dire Straits, ZZ Top and Queen cuts, but only Dire Straits on CD (the others were ripped from vinyl). Had to turn my subwoofer down on that first Boz Scaggs cut (Desire). Man is that a heavy bass track! It was rattling the shutters all over the house.

Glad you guys liked it!! =d>

I've enjoyed since 8-track days making mix tapes...guess I still do!

The point of this was a couple of things. One was to celebrate the get together obviously. For those of you that didn't get to go, the cover shot was from the deck of one of the cabins...actually from the first CF. Another purpose was to provide a common music we could talk about amongst us for comparisons. And it was to put together mostly pretty well recorded music that's of generally pretty high quality. Secondarily, as far as the music, was to provide some cuts that would stress a system in different ways. As you noticed with the Desire cut! |-|

Also, audio get togethers provide a way to sample some different artists and music that we might get exposed to otherwise. I've found more good music that way! (That's why I included the label info, so you could go find them yourself if you want to hear more.) And some fun guys to be around too!! :-s

I've still got the original covers I made for this and can upload them somewhere, if that makes for nicer print outs. I'll send those to you directly or something Rich. I can't send today since...ahhh...I'm on the road at an audio get together!! :D/ =d> :D/ Including some music I'm not familiar with. Better go listen.....

Mark

You can copy it from the link Rich posted; copy the files to your hard drive then burn a CD. That's why I just sent one copy to Rich so he could put it here for everyone to have access to.

Thanks Gary , thats what I did . Im not to good at that kind of stuff , but after about 5 bad burns I got it . they would play on the puter , but not CD player . So I used a data CD , used the REaL recorder and bingo I was able to get all but the last 4 one 1 CD . So I have 2 now . Im a goon when it comes to recording , always in MP 3 . this is the 1 st WAV format CD I have ever recorded ...What a differance...!!!!!!!

Thanks Gary ' date=' thats what I did . Im not to good at that kind of stuff , but after about 5 bad burns I got it . they would play on the puter , but not CD player . So I used a data CD , used the REaL recorder and bingo I was able to get all but the last 4 one 1 CD . So I have 2 now . Im a goon when it comes to recording , always in MP 3 . this is the 1 st WAV format CD I have ever recorded ...What a differance...!!!!!!![/quote']Steve, next time (or if you want to get it all on one CD), import the WAV files into Windows Media Player. If it has to do a conversion - say go to WMA lossless. Create a playlist with all the cuts and just say burn as a CD. It will put it into real CD format (not WAV) and you should get an exact copy of the CD that Mark made.

I must admit I've listened to it twice now. I had the Dire Straits' date=' ZZ Top and Queen cuts, but only Dire Straits on CD (the others were ripped from vinyl). Had to turn my subwoofer down on that first Boz Scaggs cut (Desire). Man is that a heavy bass track! It was rattling the shutters all over the house.[/quote']

There are a couple of bass-heavy tracks; you can hear mine down the street rattling siding on the house!