How Do You Connect to Internet Radio?

Guest megsfolks
I live in an area where local FM radio coverage stinks, but interestingly enough we have both Cable and DSL internet...funny how that statement in-of-itself highlights the changes that the internet has driven....

Anyway, I want to start streaming Internet Radio into my system.   Wireless is preferred.   What do you use?  I've seen some of the devices such as AppleTV and a couple of the internet appliances like the Aluratek AIREC01F and the Sangean WFT-1 that look interesting.

I'm wondering if there are some clever solutions that I may be overlooking?

Squeezebox , i see them for around $ 270.00 is that about right ??? and then what, hook to which input, thats a digital signal then right??

maxoutemsmiled.gifemsmiled.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Carver 4000t , c-1 , c-5 , tx-8 , tfm-45 , tfm-55 , m-1.5 , m1.5t, 
 pm1.5   Sony dvpcx995v 400-disc ,Rane m-60 eq , technics q-212 ,
Polk sda-1a , sda-2b , rta-11t , s-10 , Jbl-sb-2 ,Klipsch klf-10 , kg-4.5

O.C.C.D. it's not an excuse ---- it's a  R E  A S O N  ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Well, the Squeezeboxes I have aren't even available anymore.  They were built by Slim Devices that was bought by Logitech.  The ones I have don't have a color screen.  I like to think I got mine before Logitech had a chance to screw it up (but the Transporter is still available, which is the top of the line "audiophile" component).  IIRC, my Squeezeboxes cost about $120 apiece.  Back when I got mine (two years ago at Christmas), they were giving away a Squeezebox if you bought a Transporter.  The closest equivalent in todays lineup is the "touch".

Guest megsfolks
I reviewed the soon to be released Touch.  That looks like a pretty nice little rig. 

eBay sure shows that the used Squeezebox market is solid.  

I have been using Denon ASD-3n. I think Denon makes Wireless version now. It can connect to ethernet and play audio and video and movie(??) files. I play music while it is displaying family pitures on TV. All of my music, photo & movies are stored on DLNA compatable network hard drive. I can play internet radio or network stored music and pictures on it. If you have Deonon receiver, you can control ASD-3n from your reciever.It is pretty cool thing.

• 3 months later...
Guest nholmes1
My favorite currently is from Sonos, the ZP90 will work simply as a source in your system, supports WAV. FLAAC and a few
 other fromats local, has Sirius and Rhaposdy for pay services, and best off all they have Pandora, Last.FM and a full catagory of
 streaming internet stations which you can search and even have a local stations option. Prices start at 349-599. Once you plug
 one unit up to your high speed internet it will create a wireless network for the sonos players and allow you to wirelessly add
 players throughout the home.