forum advice

Hello, I am a newbie from Thibodaux Louisiana.I need a little of advice .I have been running a Carver m1.5t through a pair of Klipsch epic CF4's for years.I have a pair of cerwin vega d-9's pushed by a peavy cs800.I got rid of the peavy and picked up a m1.0t from ebay.I then "caught the bug" and picked up another m1.0t.I bridged them and ran the 2 m1.0 t's to the Klipsch's and the m1.5t to the d-9's .It sounds great, but I want to improve on it .I planned on replacing the d-9 's with some Klipsch RF7 II's .I am told that either pair of Klipsch's cannot handle the bridged m1.0ts.I already have a y splitter for the 2 amps out of my Carver CT-7 preamp.Can I, or should I split it again and run another pair of speakers?Or should I leave the m1.0t's bridged?I would appreciate any suggestions.Here is a list of my current equipment:

Carver CT-7 preamp
1 Carver m1.5t
2 Carver m1.0t
Carver DTL MK2 cd player
2 Klpisch epic CF4
2 Cewin vega D9
                                                              Thanks in advance

They can't if you get foolish with the volumn. The 1.0t is rated at 1000 watts at 8 ohms/rms bridged. It will destroy those speakers if you get too volumn happy. You could always fuse them....
  • Thank You 1

Howdy spagetti68 and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Sounds like you've been "infected" with OCCD (Obsessive Carver Collecting Disease).

In order to answer your question it would be helpful to know what your goal is.
If you want to increase your SPL then do what the pros do and more amps and more speakers.
(The larger the speaker cone area, the more air it will be able to move.)

On the other hand if you are going for quality I would avoid bridging except possibly on the bottom end.
(Bridging tends to muddy the soundstage, probably because it creates differences in the signal paths.)
In that case you'll be better off adding an active crossover and bi- or tri-amping your speakers.

As to whether your speakers can handle the power of a bridged M-1.0t, your friend is probably correct.
Besides the 200w/ch/8R OEM rating is well below it's actual power output capability.
Just remember that it's just as easy to fry a speaker by driving a small amp into clipping.
  • Thank You 1