HR-742

The first thing to confirm is that pre out and main in are connected. If the original metal u-jumpers are missing use a pair of RCA cables.

Check the back of the unit.  There will be jacks that say "pre out" and "main in" or something similar to that.  those need to be connected with pins or short rca interconnect cables.  See area circled red in picture below.  My guess is that is your problem.

20151109201143312.jpg 

Going on generalizations here, the unit may be going into protection mode - which will prevent the relay from engaging. A number of conditions can cause this including excess DC offset. Could be a failure in the power amp section. A look in the manual for this unit is no help...

In the beginning it was doing this and it finally blew the voltage regulator, so I changed it and now it turns on but it stays on "PRE-ON" like the relay is not switching.... so I may look into the relay to see if it is not working. Thank you for trying to solve this problem...it is a great system, I would hate to let it go, just because of the protection switching circuit. Alex M.