New Carver owner here!

WELCOME! eusa_angel.gif

It sounds like you have a really great start on a bad case of O.C.C.D. that I'm sure will be all consuming once you have heard the difference between the unmodified C-4000 you enjoyed and the BillD modified C-1. I believe the C-1 to be a cleaner more musical sounding preamp to start with, but the BillD treatment lowers the noise floor to such a degree you will be astounded. 14.gif

I have also become extremely enamoured with the modified C-1 sound and the significant work of it's engineer (BilldD) as well as the many fine techs here on this site who have learned to duplicate and build upon that genius. I also have a C-4000 in the process of being modified and look forward to hearing the transformation it will surely undergo. emnote.gif 

I look forward to hearing your review and opinion of the BillD modified C-1. I have said before that adding one to your system is like getting an all new and better sounding set of gear. eusa_dance.gif

As our good friend Zumbini would say.: "Enjoy the music!" party.gif

I told you that you would this site Jeffery I,m sure you see all members are more than willing to help you.

That,s why i,m here now.Great members! You will see what I mean !

It,s the best Carver site that I have found yet.

ENJOY IT MY FRIEND!

soulofsound|-|

I'm late to the party, as usual! Welcome, Jeffrey, to an awesome forum and collected knowledge, experience, and friendly comrades.

There's no going back now, you know.......you've been bitten!

Reese