New to the Forum , but not Carver stuff.

Hi fellas. Just finished a 700B restoration with a PCB14 board with Blackgate, Nichicon "Muse, and an Ampslabs DC protect boards added>. Came out very well. I've been comparing it to one of my upgraded Spec 2's and I gotta say The 700B has a definate edge in the headroom department. Speakers are a set of Kornerhorns with the Crites 1526s woof and a new Tractix 2" horn with a B&C DCM-50 driver and DCM-10 tweet. makes the hair on the back of my arms stand up.20110327115243855.jpg

Oh I don't know.

See a Phase Linear 1000 Autocorrelator in there and an SAE 180 parametric.
P/L always counts around here.
I'm the local SAE fan, KVE777 is a Spec-man!
Looks like a blue LED mod happening there, many proponents of that here as well.

Please tell us more!

Thank You sir, been collecting since I bought my first Spec system in 1975. The PL stuff was bought as fixer uppers after my first Spec 2 went into protection mode in 2008. I taught myself with the help of Echowars and Mark-the-Fixer on AK. Managed to fix all the PL gear with no disasters that i couldn't overcome and in time kinda fell in love with Bob's brainchilds.

The complete list of PL gear besides that already mentioned also includes;

3--3000 SerII's

5--2000 SerI's and II's

1--4000 SerI

2--3300 SerII's( one of the finest pres madeIMHO)

All good stuff.

Oh , I'm married alright, to a wonderful woman who loves the vintage stuff as much as i do. In fact she's the cosmetic whiz in this place, not a piece of gear leaves this place that doesn't get the "Jani" treatment. She can work miracles on faceplates. Her only hard and fast rule? And i quote " If you spend money on it , it has to sound better!" I've been able to live with that.

Heres my 2 new sweethearts. Bought as non-workers, one had a bad power switch, the other an open output, no collateral damage. 100.00 each plus shipping. Damn shame.20110327124828390.jpg
  HOLY STEAL BATMAN!!!!!!  Yikes

Had to take 12 other pieces of gear to get these. a Marantz 2100 tuner, a PL4000 SerI, a Pioneer PL-A45D TT, SAE 180 Parametric EQ, an RG-16 processor(pre pioneer), DBX 120, DBX 200, an Akai GX-636 RTR, and a Koss time delay unit with speakers. All of it for 1400. My brother in law picked it all up and over 3 weeks shipped it all. All this was in Merced, he lives in Fresno. I live in Gillette, Wyo. It was a nice score. It all works.

Wow, nice collection of vintage equipment.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

If you haven't seen it yet we have an excellent music section called "What Are You Listening To Now"

Lots of different types of music posted, a great place to share your favorites and discover new ones.

What types of music do you listen to?

I listen to anything from new techno to some ol Chris  LeDoux..

The 700 on the first post belongs to speakerman1. Turned out very nice. New 22000mfd/100volt PS caps, Blackgate N, NH and Elna SilmicII's and Nichicon "Muse" audiogrades. The DC protect boards are the 24 volt models from AmpsLabs and work wonderfully. The relay in them is rated at 16 amps/30 volts, but when getting radical with it awhile ago I took an output out and the Kornerhorns are none the worse for that experience, the DC boards work.Also did an IEC socket, new speaker binding posts, new Q1-Q4 with TIS-97's and Fairchild 2N5401's. Pre-drivers were good. Protection was good. Sounds amazing, VERY,VERY close sonically to my Spec 2's but WAY MORE HEADROOM!!!

Also, anybody familiar with White Oak Audio's LED upgrade, he's coming out with a replacement PL14A/B board with updated components that should keeps us in rather inexpensive HIGH WATTAGE for some time. If you haven't seen some of White Oaks stuff, its top quality, pretty excited about new PCB's from him.