Carver PM 1.5 fan motor

Hi Carver fans & techs,  I have been looking for the fan motor for my PM 1.5, this amp is likely the first gen of the

PM 1.5 (Around 1986).  What's important is the replacement has to be exactly the same motor with the same specs.

This amp is still being used in a pro audio application for shows & events. And the replacement must be able to have that variable speed ability, and again the same motor.  Does anyone have the part number for this motor?  Two more questions:

Does anyone have the schematic for this amp?

And where can I find a volume knob for this amp?

Thank you for suggestions

• Thank You 5

Welcome! You can find the service manuals for the PM 1.5 under the 'Manuals and Specsheets' pulldown at the top of the page.

The fans for the PM 1.5 are a bit tricky. At one point, someone here found a supply of NOS, but that was a while ago. I have *heard* from another source that motor was a variable speed DC style which coincidentally was OEMd to Radio Shack, their part number 273-256. That is a 9-18 volt DC motor with a max load speed of 18,000 rpm and current of 1.98 amps. There are still quite a few of the RS pieces floating around the internet and eBay and I've grabbed one to experiment with on a PM 1.5 I have sitting in my to-be-repaired pile - a previous owner ripped out the stock fan.

So I'm saying that I've heard it is the same fan motor, but haven't been able to verify yet.

image.png.6071701d7177ff58c82dde1c6f59c8f6.png

• Thank You 3

Welcome to the site.  Like @3M_Audio said,  a LOT of info is available here on the site under "Manuals and Specsheets".

Check with Greg at nelionaudio.com.  He owns this site and can also be reached via PM at @Nahash5150.  I know he had quite a few several years ago.

• Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

Appologies to using your thread BriConAir but I just joint the Carver site and not allow to start new thread. I have the Carver PM1.5T and 1 fan broken the blade. Where can I find the replacement? Thanks,

• Thank You 3

On 2/21/2024 at 3:15 AM, caophan said:

Appologies to using your thread BriConAir but I just joint the Carver site and not allow to start new thread. I have the Carver PM1.5T and 1 fan broken the blade. Where can I find the replacement? Thanks,

It appears there are no plenty of them available. These seem to be newly manufactured by the same company that made them 40 yrs ago.   

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124496927399?fbclid=IwAR3KrOFEH9iICLmAP_FW4c-Xj9p57_oujCkrw1SIGwEI0_xzNOvj6ElR-kQ

Edited by davidc
  • Thank You 3

Gotcha. Possibly, some people on the forum may still have their old broken motors if they replaced with a different fan. I'd suggest doing a search for fan replacement threads and then contact those people. 

• Thank You 1