I was given a Carver stack and a pair of Vandersteen speakers after a friend passed...

This was his shop stereo, and he was an Excelsior Henderson motorcycle guru for the last nearly 25 years.  I knew Carver was good from back in my youth, and if my great good friend Jamie had it I knew it was worth having.

I'll be re-socking the Vandersteen Model 2's and refinishing their wood, looks like they got wet at some point since 1989-1991 when they were new.

I believe there are some recommended things to do to the Model 1-0t amp and the Model C-1 Control Consol.  There's also a TX-2 receiver.  I'll be giving these to my daughter's family so they can enjoy it as Jamie and everyone else we knew did.

• Thank You 7

• Community Admin

Welcome @Rek.  Glad you found us.

Hard to say if the Carver pieces you have received were ever refreshed in the recent past or not.  But in general, these items, if untouched since they were new, or if they were in a challenging environment (a dusty shop?), it's worth having them fully refreshed and adjusted back to new.  Many here send their Carver gear to Greg ( @Nahash5150 ) proprietor of Nellion Audio, in Hersey, MI.

I'm sure others will pipe in with other questions and recommendations.

Again, glad you found us!  There's a lot of information here, hope you post a few threads and stay a while.

Welcome!

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

I second that notion. You have some class acts here. It would be a shame not to get them back in spec, or just to be safe. I pop the lid on everything that I buy just to see what is what under the hood. Most of the time it is a meh reaction. Other times it is actually inspiring. With older stuff, it is best to get it back in shape. 

• Thank You 1

Thanks all! I'm looking forward to the journey!!

And this looks like a good place to land, glad I found it.