New here,Nice site.

Howdy Jim and welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around a while. Please don't make us beg for photos! emwink.gif

The M-1.0t is a great choice. Even in stock form it provides way more power than it's rated for.

Don't forget the M-500(t) with it's laid back sound and big sexy meters. No need to choose tho, just run them all!

20150116103848405.jpg 

Welcome Jim. Be prepared to build a bigger home. happy0009.gif

... and everyone in this corner (or Carver) of the Internet will do their utmost to fuel your OCCD till you are a certified pyromaniac. emwink.gif

Welcome to the mad house (The Carverium)! 

Sweet another AR-90 owner. Love mine. I wouldn't worry too much about biamping them the 1.0t is fine. Now if you do recap them I suggest Solen all around. Sound nice and should last "forever" I even did the big caps since I have no intention of selling them. New binding posts and they're all set. I run mine with a BillD C-1; another great piece of Carver gear. Good luck and Welcome!

• Thank You 1

Welcome Jim, I don't have much to add so I'm basically just repeating after the others. If you are an AR guy, you'll want to go with the M1. It will do a lot better job driving your speakers, especially if you decide to go with a MKII mod.

Enjoy the forum, there is a lot of wisdom to glean here (none from myself) and plenty of people willing to help you spend your retirement fund on lots of Carver gear!
  • Thank You 1

Thanks for the advise.I'll use the TFM25 while the M1.0t gets the upgrades and brought up to a known fresh condition.
Lots of positive things said about the M1.0.Hands down winner.
Jim 

Thanks for the warm welcome and ton of advise.Really great to find other AR9/90 listeners.
I should have spent some time reading here first because I upgraded my amp and now preamp
before the first ones made it through the mail.Poor wife,although she's fine with my toys she says
"I thought you bought those things already,how many are needed to make it work?"I say 1 of each.
With a puzzled look she says "how many do you have?" I have 2 of each so far but its a start.Lol
I had OCCD in the 80s when the M series of amps were new on the shelf.In the late 80s I went into remission.
Then it came back in the last 30 days or so.When it comes back, its stronger than before and  from the pics I
see on this site a lot of you got it in the 80s and never had remission.Awesome,now I'm learning from you guys
and thank you.OCCD is a great thing.WARNING:potential for hearing loss and cracked plaster if abused!
How great is it to find a site that the members know this equipment down to its basic parts, when its now vintage! 
I'm only 50 years old and now the CARVER stuff I could buy brand new is now called vintage.Thats enough to
make you feel old and that will also trigger OCCD.Finding out your vision is in decline due to diabetes and glaucoma
but your hearing is still good will also trigger OCCD.That being said I may spend my retirement listening to a lot of music.
This is when the true value of what BOB CARVER created shows through.He brought this level of musical enjoyment
to everyone,not just the 1% that could spend an average American yearly salary on audio components.Without him many of us hear today may have never heard what real power sounds and feels like,except from a demo at a high end
shop in a big city.God blessed Bob,Bob blessed the rest of us.
Jim from Rockford...Jim Rockford..lol