New here and Old at home

How does the Thorens TT , Rabco arm work? Always been interested in that arm.

Thanks,
Wayne 

As the original owner since 1974 I have had no problems.  The owner must be a fiddler/mechanic to be happy.

The Thorens was purchased with a blank tone arm board.  The rear right spring in the TT had to be modified for the extra weight.  Also the dust cover was raised,  with a plex-glass window add for clearance.

To boost the MC signal I use a Mark Levinson JC-1AC  pre-preamp.

TD125MKII_zpse273d5e1.jpg

TT1_zps1f401a14.jpg

Welcome!! Whats the dB rating on the speakers? Looks like they might run well with a modest tube amp?

The speakers in the bedroom are 101 db/watt,  the Klipsch are 104 db/watt

Bedroom amp is a QSC 3200 @ 110 watts per channel

Living room amp is a QSC GX3 @ 300 watts per channel for mains and rear, center channel amp is 1/2 of SAE MK3 @ 120 watts

Lots and lots of headroom.

• Thank You 1

If you need parts for your Rabco I've got a "decomissioned unit" from an ex-member ( Given to Me) I could send you ( It is fully functional).

Jim

Well that is quite an offer!  There is a site on the www showing adjustments,  etc.  on the Rabco SL-8E arm.  So far mine works fine but it is over 40 years old.  

Any reason you would not use this on a TT yourself?  I would be glad to help.

If not, I would to love to talk/type further about a new home for it.   chris

Chris

I satisfied my linear track urge with a B&O TT restore perfect fit for my MMC2 cart. So I relagated the Rabco to the back shelf LOL.Looks like another member would like to try it so Ill probably send it his way.

I have a T350/M1823 and sp 12 with x8 and X36's. I would probably back them as my best speakers.

Cool.

Srinath.

Very nice old EV gear.  What cabinet do you have?

I hate to mention it but I also have a pair of the EV Aristocrat speakers.

P1000062_zps869a1bae.jpg

P1000299_zps378d08fc.jpg

• Thank You 1

I believe mine are homemade plywood cabs. Has a lot of pencil marks for the cuts etc etc. Both horns are vertical in mine, but I believe the mid horn is the same as yours, the woofer is below that, and the rectangle shaped vent is even below that. Was your mid horn painted at some time ? Mine has a sorta gun metal color. Or yours could be a different horn altogether.

That gorgeous grill, I dont have that, mine is a plain wood frame with cloth over it. Mine I'm sure was made to some plan supplied by EV.

Cool.

Srinath.

• Thank You 1

I believe mine are homemade plywood cabs. Has a lot of pencil marks for the cuts etc etc. Both horns are vertical in mine, but I believe the mid horn is the same as yours, the woofer is below that, and the rectangle shaped vent is even below that. Was your mid horn painted at some time ? Mine has a sorta gun metal color. Or yours could be a different horn altogether.

That gorgeous grill, I dont have that, mine is a plain wood frame with cloth over it. Mine I'm sure was made to some plan supplied by EV.

Cool.

Srinath.

The mid horn is the early fiberglass  EV 8HD,  I also have the later pot metal  8HD version.

Vertical is the proper alignment for both the EV tweeter and mid horn.   My cabinets are rear ported into the corner.

• Community Admin
Kind of fun to be late to the welcome wagon party..., and go through all these questions and history in one read.

Welcome to the forum, Chris Mach 1.

Love the super vintage EV.  I have some interesting stuff from the 70s too.  Your pics are great ! 
  • Thank You 1

Cool.

Srinath.

The mid horn is the early fiberglass  EV 8HD,  I also have the later pot metal  8HD version.

Vertical is the proper alignment for both the EV tweeter and mid horn.   My cabinets are rear ported into the corner.

Vertical is correct for it huh, cool, I never knew that.

I have empty georgian centurion cabs that have a back like that. Down firing 15" and T350 and a EV 828 if I recall.
I have most of the components to populate those too, just no XO's and L-pads.

The SP12/T350/m1823 cab is simple rectangular cab.
Cool.
Srinath.