Twin Peaks ('The Return' (season Three (3)))

RichP714

35 minutes ago, jvandyke_texas said:

I think I missed Captain Pike.  Don't know anything about Twin Peaks.

The rest of Pike's story is on season two of Star-trek Discovery (CBS all access I think).  

29 minutes ago, Nahash5150 said:

I'm a big David Lynch fan, but I have not seen the new Twin Peaks series yet. Fire Walk With Me is, IMO, one the of best films ever made.

I'm also a big Lynch fan, and love all things Twin Peaks.  I loved the return as well.  He had to improvise with bringing back characters who were portrayed by deceased actors, or those that had negotiation problems that kept them out of the script as persons. e.g. Phillip Jeffries (Played by now deceased David Bowie in FWWM) is in this season, but his corporeal form is hidden from us.  Same with Bob.  The man from another place is still alive, but I guess he wanted too much money, so his essence is in the movie (he appears as 'the evolution of the arm'), but not the actor.

Season three is 18 episodes and I loved them all; I can see where some may consider it to have been junk, but it's right up my alley.  Remember the Black-lodge/White-lodge Owl cave references from the original?  They are still there, but a more fundamental force is also at work; lots of references to Hinduism and a bit of Quantum Field theory as well.

Plus, all those quirky comedic moments; Lynch's sense of humor is definitely strange, maybe a bit dry, but I love it,

Edited by RichP714
  • Love this! 1

I have been meaning to watch it, but it's Lynch, so I want to make sure I can watch it without distractions and watch the episodes in close prox together so I can digest all his symbols. Many people don't get Lynch because they don't pay attention to his story telling...his films demand reflection and attention to detail.

I've watched the original Twin Peaks many times, but I often stop after season 2 since Lynch was hardly involved with it after. But I do remember the lodges and the 'space-time' interference...

His sense of humor is great! Twin Peaks is perhaps his best when it comes to comedy, Blue Velvet and Lost Highway has some hilarious moments as well.

• Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, Nahash5150 said:

I have been meaning to watch it, but it's Lynch, so I want to make sure I can watch it without distractions and watch the episodes in close prox together so I can digest all his symbols. Many people don't get Lynch because they don't pay attention to his story telling...his films demand reflection and attention to detail.

I've watched the original Twin Peaks many times, but I often stop after season 2 since Lynch was hardly involved with it after. But I do remember the lodges and the 'space-time' interference...

His sense of humor is great! Twin Peaks is perhaps his best when it comes to comedy, Blue Velvet and Lost Highway has some hilarious moments as well.

If you can, watch it with headphones; the soundtrack has very low level stuff going on all the time, and particular noises accompany particular events.  Yeah, Lynch lost interest when the network forced him to reveal who killed Laura Palmer; lots of season two wasn't his; Annie, Wyndam Earle for example, and he didn't continue most of the stuff that wasn't originally his idea into this new season three

Edited by RichP714
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, RichP714 said:

and he didn't continue most of the stuff that wasn't originally his idea into this new season three

Thank the gods.

And with headphones huh? I suppose I shall hear the voices again...

• Haha 1

Any cryptoanalysts here?  A strange secret message encoded into a very brief clip from the movie.  The scene is very brief (upper left hand window of the clip) and in real time it just looks like sunlight glinting from the windows of the jet, but slow it down and zoom in on the jet and you get.......

I was stationed in Okinawa at the time.  Back then, for television, we either had local Japanese channels, or the FEN (far east network aka forced entertainment network) which was run by Air Force members (mostly news); sometimes they had regular TV shows flown in from the states, and Twin Peaks was one of them.

Damn fine show!

Image result for dale cooper meme