Hello fellow Carver enthusiasts! I am  a retired electrical engineer with a long interest in Carver products. I own a Carver HTR-880 Receiver from the 1990's, purchased at the late, great Cambridge Soundworks retail store at the Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA. It was originally a gift to my late father, and I got it back just before he passed. The one issue I have is I can't find the owner's manual for it! I'm hoping someone can help me find one.

I'm thrilled that Bob Carver is back! I wish him the greatest possible success in his latest venture. I look forward to sharing my fondness for Carver products with all of you.

Best Regards,

Bob Atkinson

• Thank You 7

33 minutes ago, Robert G. Atkinson, Jr. said:

The one issue I have is I can't find the owner's manual for it! I'm hoping someone can help me find one.

Welcome aboard Robert. We have a pdf version in the site database. To access that, click Manuals and Specsheets in the top menu bar, then scroll down the spreadsheet window to the Receivers area. We don't have the service manual, but the owners manual is in there. If you're looking for an original print version, my guess is that ebay is probably your best bet. Others may have better ideas.

giphy.gif

• Community Admin

Welcome, @Robert G. Atkinson, Jr., great to have you aboard.  And, you found a manual, how's that for Return on Investment, in short order?

Can't wait to hear more about your system, what speakers you have, and input sources.

We LOVE pictures! 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robert Atkinson JR. I'm still trying to figure this site out and how to use it. just wanted to say hello and i am just starting in audio upgrading...ish. novice and just starting out. i may ask advice from you soon.

i was a part of this site back in 2006 or so and i had to start all over. 

Welcome.

Edited by Ranster
misspelled Roberts name
  • Thank You 1