Well recorded, dynamic, worth a listen (IMO)

RichP714

Laurie Anderson (with Adrain Belew and Peter Gabriel) "Gravity's Angel"

right click>save as then transfer to disc or stream to main system (computer speakers don't do it justice).

If you don't want to take the time, you can play through the media player (It won't compare, believe me)

it was late 80's and I had 8 row center seats; When they played this song, they rolled out a HUGE horizontal drum (more than 12 ft wide).  Laurie and the two guys playing the drum climbed up on top of it and played the song.

The drum players sat lotus style on the drum head and banged at the 'floor' (which was now a drum) and the crisp, dynamic, celery snapping sounds are the drum sticks being slapped together in the air.

The ringing bell sound at the beginning is very lifelike, the midrange is dynamic and sharp, the bass is not the lowest EVER, but very deep.

During the live performance, the concussion from the drum thumped my chest harder than I've ever felt before or since; it almost breathed for me.......

SHould sound very lifelike on a good system.

• 1 year later...

RichP714

I understand where your coming from!

Even with HD , Blue ray, or many CD, I,ve saw and heard now days.

Nothing comes close to the sound of real now!

To me it makes me sick that true sound takes a back seat in all of it.

Think were a dying breed now and the young will never know what true sound is all about.

Its sad but true.

soulofsound

WOW! Z your right! I played it on my 24/96 THX Computer system with a 10" sub on 6X direct and then on 2X stereo-then burned it and am playing it now on the main Denen-M-1.0t MK2 op2 on the B&W's with the dual Sunfire True subs
Total diffrence!