Canadian eh!

After a few months of trolling around the form, I figured I'd say hi from the east coast of Canada!  Halifax, Nova Scotia

I picked up a Carver M 1.0t mk II opt2 recently to drive my Klipsch RF-7's.  I used to think my Denon 4520 (150wpc) bi-amped did a fine job, until I threw 460 wpc at them!!!  Wow, even though they are rated 102db @ 2.83v/1m, the Carver amp has completely transformed the speaker!  I would (almost) consider getting rid of my subwoofers...but not quite!  haha

I'm running 2 Emotiva XPA-5's (200 wpc) to the remaining 7 Klipsch speakers in my 9.3 setup, and now I'm wondering what more power will do to them.  I probably need it like a need a hole in my head though...

Steve

Welcome Steve, nice to have someone close I live in Grosses Coques, down by Digby. 

Wayne 

Yes, I actually know where that is.  First time I heard someone say the name I asked him to repeat himself...I didn't think I was hearing him correctly!   

Gene C after an email to Rich P!

Cool.

Where did you find a MK-II opt.2 ?

Ooh! A fresh one. Gene's very helpful when it comes to spending other people's money!

Steve, yes I know that it is a weird name and yes I have seen some wild faces when I say where I live to someone we've just met, usually just say Church Point,  less hassle.  Grosses Coques mean big clam, which is something that a lot of people do here due to the Bay of Fundy tides, lots of clams at low tide.

Wayne 

Gene C after an email to Rich P!

Cool.

Where did you find a MK-II opt.2 ?

Ooh! A fresh one. Gene's very helpful when it comes to spending other people's money!

I had in my mind that I wanted one and was looking around on the interwebs.  Saw one pop up on ebay but didn't snap it up and half regretted it, so I went on a hunt.  I didn't need much help spending! 

Steve, yes I know that it is a weird name and yes I have seen some wild faces when I say where I live to someone we've just met, usually just say Church Point,  less hassle.  Grosses Coques mean big clam, which is something that a lot of people do here due to the Bay of Fundy tides, lots of clams at low tide.

Wayne 

Still not as bad as Dildo, NL...that one always gets me 

Welcome to theCarversite, Steve! emsmile.gif

Nice amp! But in the brief time you've been here, I'm sure you've discovered how addictive Carver gear is. We look forward to seeing the other components that you're going to acquire. 

And good work finding Steve an amp, Gene! eusa_clap.gif
  • Thank You 1

Talk about déjà vu... When I discovered mkII amps, I was bi-amping RF7s with a pair of 1.0t mkIIs... Now they're pushing Kappa 9s (you see grasshopper, Gene's influence is wide and strong... It's kinda like fighting gravity - you can hold out for a while, but you're gonna lose!)

Anyway, back to topic - YES, mkII power will make the Klipsch scarey loud, and crystal clear...:-)

Enjoy, and welcome aboard!

• Thank You 1

Welcome to theCarversite, Steve! emsmile.gif

Nice amp! But in the brief time you've been here, I'm sure you've discovered how addictive Carver gear is. We look forward to seeing the other components that you're going to acquire. 

And good work finding Steve an amp, Gene! eusa_clap.gif

I'm wondering what to try next!  I thought about a Sunfire signature sub and a TFM-35 for my main room.  Someone local is selling a pair of silver 9t's...how much power do I really need!?  haha

Talk about déjà vu... When I discovered mkII amps, I was bi-amping RF7s with a pair of 1.0t mkIIs... Now they're pushing Kappa 9s (you see grasshopper, Gene's influence is wide and strong... It's kinda like fighting gravity - you can hold out for a while, but you're gonna lose!)

Anyway, back to topic - YES, mkII power will make the Klipsch scarey loud, and crystal clear...:-)

Enjoy, and welcome aboard!
You run the RF-7's stereo from one 1.0t or always biamped?  did you notice a difference at 460 vs 460x2?