New Carver Site Member - Seattle

Hello all.  Long time Carver fan since 1985.  My everyday receiver that I use with my Sony Bravia 65 inch is a Carver 900.  It is connected to a pair of Kirksaeter 260D Monitor Tower speakers.  I did own the Carver DTL100 CD player when it first came out.  I also have a Carver CT-17 Preamp/Tuner.  My 900 is actually my second that I bought used as my first one started to develope distortion in one of the channels.  I would like to connect with anyone who could assist me with the distortion problem and also upgrading any caps/components that show their age after many years of use.  I do have the service manual for the 900.  I'm glad to connect with anyone who has an appreciation of Carver equipment.

• Thank You 5

Hello Tom, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I am by no means a tech, but there are several very talented individuals here that can help you out. Hopefully one of them will chime in.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome Tom! You have a good start with OCCD with the gear you have. Some techs will come along and help you shortly. Until then, have a look around and enjoy the new site........grin

• Community Admin

welcome to TheCarverSite, @Tom.  From Seattle! the regional birthplace of Carver !

Several active members live in the area, from Tacoma to Bellingham..., sounds like there could be a local group? 😉

On your 900, are you handy with a solder iron?  You may make a go of repairing it with support from great folks on the forum.

Alternatively, you might reach out to some (or they will reach out to you) who can do the work for you.

Welcome to the site !  And, we LOVE pictures !

• Thank You 2