New (to me) Carver 900 Receiver

Hello,

MXR-900 Receiver shipping to me soon. Looking for tips on testing and small parts replacement.

Are there standard knobs that can be used for missing ones?

Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂

Edited by Jetblast411
Misspelled model no.
  • Thank You 2

Hello Jetblast411, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I've no experience with Carver receivers, so I can't help you there. There are several here using then regularly, so maybe one of them will chime in.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

The 900 is a good unit.  I have one, actually got it to introduce my brother to the carver brand.  He likes it much better in his 2 channel setup over is former Sony 5.1 receiver!  Thanks to Kevin @kve777fir the recommendation.  The other Carver receiver I’ve owned and gave to a friend is the AVR-100 with remote.  It was a freebie add on to a pair of speakers I picked up for cheap. 

as far a knob, ask, someone may have extras, I bought a few from les @Circuits & Conceptsa while back and are better quality than the originals, he only had the one style. 

BarryG

Edited by BarryG
  • Thank You 1

The unit showed up today along with a pair of Dayton 652-AIR floor speakers. Works great, but the monitor switch is slightly shorted.

The tuner is almost unbelievable- so good.  Staying up way too late listening to a jazz station. The AMT tweeter is super sharp, but kinda overwhelms the bass. Pictures soon.

• Thank You 2

Welcome to the site. Those monitor switches are always a problem on most all the receivers with them. They probably need some spray and work them back and forth. Took a few times for mine to quit acting up.