New Member -On a quest.....

Have been aware of Carver products  a long time and fascinated by the Carver Challenge.     I had always wondered what external circuit Bob used with the M1.0   to null with the Premiere 5.     So my quest is to search that here or  puzzle it out in discussion on one  of the forums.    I have not been able to find it on the web or on this site so far but this site is a big place.       

This interest n solving the above mystery  was rekindled beecause  a friend  (small tube amp owner) asked me if you could get tube sound in a transitor amp with more power.  Carver is the most obvious place to  check that out .      So we are checking out the t-amp discusions on this site to decide what to buy.                                                                               

I am an EE with decent experience in analog design and a lot of experience in DSP.   Had always been more of a fan of the 0.000x% distortion segment of audio.    Built my own gear in the 80's while in school.    Now restoring a pile of  vintage gear that I accumulated over the years including one of the very rare Soundstream Digital Tape recorders.     

Edited by FrankN
  • Thank You 5
  • Love this! 1

Welcome to The Carver Site. 

You've come to the right place to have your Carver questions answered.

There are many Carver design experts on this site, however, I'm not one of them. I'm just a Carver gear lover.

Good luck!

• Community Admin

Welcome to TheCarverSite!  Glad you found us.

There are a few threads answering the question: What Carver amps are nulled to what other non-Carver amps?

There's a list of all the t-modded amps that reference what amps the transfer-function i nulled to, around here somewhere.

How Bob did it?  In a circuit? or by adjusting his own circuit design..., I dunno - that's above my head! 

Again, welcome!

@FrankN Welcome to the site. You have joined and come to the best site for Carver and other Audio gear information bar none.

Go to Manuals and Specsheets choose the "Bob Carver File Cabinet" tab.

In that list click on the "Carver Stereophile Challenge" to read the information that you may be looking for.

https://thecarversite.com/carvermanuals/

I think this is the same article.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/carver-challenge

Again, Welcome and Enjoy.

Welcome. This is not the original page when I tried the M1.0t mkII but the testimonials peaked my interest several years ago. I remember reading Rich's challenge that if you didn't like the modded M1.0t or M500t after purchasing one from him, he'd give you a refund plus $50. I figured I would try one and then make $50 when I returned it. I got hooked and now have 4 of the M1.0t mkII opt002 and a M500t mkII. The circuit design used to be on this site:  http://www.carvermk2.com/default.htm