Anti static and LP cleaner

Retriever

Ok I finally ran out of the Ol permastat Lp cleaner what's good these days?
Not sure if this stuff works or not but if you want to give it a try I will send it to you as a Karma.

20130721182944955.jpg 

My signet cleaner looks just like that, I'm just running out of the cleaning fluid and wondering what's good these days?

Not all my LP's were treated with permastat, and I want to find a good fluid to clean.

heres what my cleaning brush looks like.
20130721194809491.jpg 

Thanks for the offer Snow, but I just need a good fluid!

OK it's being sent to Danowood as a Karma then, this contains a bottle of cleaning fluid as part of the kit.

REGARDS SNOW20130721222850138.jpg 
  • Thank You 1

Thanks Dan, it will be put to good use.  Daughter is getting very excited about the system I'm putting together for her and this will be a very nice piece to clean her records with.  Thanks again party.gif

Thanks Dan, it will be put to good use.  Daughter is getting very excited about the system I'm putting together for her and this will be a very nice piece to clean her records with.  Thanks again party.gif
Your welcome glad I finally had something to Karma away that someone here needed. eusa_dance.gif

REGARDS SNOW 

Ok I finally ran out of the Ol permastat Lp cleaner what's good these days?
My formula is 2 cups water to 1/2 cup isopropyl alcohol with a few drops of Dawn dish detergent. Best if water is distilled. Alcohol at 92%. You can put it in a dropper type container or a spray bottle.

• Thank You 1

Strange But True!
I just remembered this- An old friend of mine has an extensive collection of 45's for his jukebox. He uses WD-40 on them! Seriously! He sprays the crap out of them before loading. I can hear the degradation of sound quality, but he thinks it sounds great.out.gif I don't think I'd ever try that with a record, cartridge or TT that I cared about. The only positive I can imagine is reduced friction for longer stylus life. High frequency response goes right out the window as the fluid dampens movement. Platter slippage must be crazy, too.

can a moderator please relocate this to the vinyl category?

btw, alcohol is not needed to thoroughly clean vinyl; it destabilizes the surface, eventual erosion and high frequency loss