the new guy.

Guest luvtubes

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I re-read the rules and some stuff here in the newb thread. Looks like I am not allowed to open my yap about anything until someone declares me worthy, so I will just bide my time and wait patiently.

I have been around audio for decades as a hobby, but only in recent years have I come back to it with a certain degree of passion. I restore old speakers that others kick to the curb. If they were top shelf 20 years ago, and they can be had for cheap, I am all over them like a fat kid on a jelly doughnut. My MG-20's started life as a delaminated mess, and after a couple delicate weeks of restoration in the garage, they sang again better than new. I have done the same on several sets of Maggies, Polks, and B&W's to name a few.

I have also cleaned up several dozen unloved pieces of Carver gear over the years, as well as Pioneer, Sansui, Mcintosh and the like. I kept a few pieces, but as this is a hobby of endless possibilities, I like to rotate gear in and out. I have been able to get where I am at with just a 2500.00 out of pocket start, using profits from restoring gear to move along up the food chain. Don't worry guys, I will only sell stuff on Ebay, as sales to friends both old and new can lead to troubles at times IMHO, especially when vintage gear is involved.

My reason for being here are to pick a few brains regarding some of the projects I have going on and to contribute where I can...

Guest luvtubes

How long does it take to prove I am not a spambot, fembot or bot of any kind at all? I see so many threads I could help out in and all I can do is sit on a fence.

How long does it take to prove I am not a spambot, fembot or bot of any kind at all? I see so many threads I could help out in and all I can do is sit on a fence.

According to the forum help located here

Registrants that are revealed as SPAM posters will not advance any
further; those that show interest in becoming part of our community will
advance from Inbound to Novice within a few posts.

It doesn't, however state how many. I would guess either 10 or when Rich approves you.

John

luvtubes:
I have been around audio for decades as a hobby, but only in recent years have I come back to it with a certain degree of passion. I restore old speakers that others kick to the curb. If they were top shelf 20 years ago, and they can be had for cheap, I am all over them like a fat kid on a jelly doughnut. My MG-20's started life as a delaminated mess, and after a couple delicate weeks of restoration in the garage, they sang again better than new. I have done the same on several sets of Maggies, Polks, and B&W's to name a few.

I have also cleaned up several dozen unloved pieces of Carver gear over the years, as well as Pioneer, Sansui, Mcintosh and the like. I kept a few pieces, but as this is a hobby of endless possibilities, I like to rotate gear in and out. I have been able to get where I am at with just a 2500.00 out of pocket start, using profits from restoring gear to move along up the food chain. Don't worry guys, I will only sell stuff on Ebay, as sales to friends both old and new can lead to troubles at times IMHO, especially when vintage gear is involved.

My reason for being here are to pick a few brains regarding some of the projects I have going on and to contribute where I can...

Umm.  I..I think I love you??

Guest luvtubes

You will be awarded Novice status after you pass your blood test and submit a stool sample.  Hey I don't make the rules here.  Big Grin
Hahahahaha.....

Decades of experience, yet a novice. Must be the internet. 

Umm.  I..I think I love you??

Aww that is so sweet. does that mean I get flowers on my birthday?emlove.gifemcake.gifeusa_dance.gifhappy0009.gifemwink.gif 

Hehehe.  
Maybe.  But depending on the pics, you'll probably make my Christmas card list.......

Guest luvtubes

I am just waiting to make it onto somebody's list so I can start posting. Here we are on Thursday, and the conversations I wanted to partake in have moved beyond my input having any relevance whatsoever. I will give it some more time posting useless crap, but I can see this inbound process as a possible was to chase away new members as opposed to being "welcoming".

Mods, I am not meaning to sound like all am going to do is complain, rather it is the opposite. I want to be here but can only do so IF you let me be here.

Thanks in advance.

It's not up to the moderators. Only RichP has admin functions and as I understand it he had to undergo some emergency travel which precludes access to his computer. Your input is still valuable, now and in the future.

• Thank You 1

Welcome - as a newbie and novice I enjoyed the postings and reading as much as I can about all things Carver. I just had my C-1 brought in the "BillD mod" family by a generous forum member and am very much pleased with quality of the clean quiet music it is making - enjoy the site and knowledge the members possess.

David