A must-listen album, IMHO... Especially for SH.

Daddyjt

Nice work, Mark!  Love the decor!

Neuveau retro speaker is SO in style right now!   :D

I keep forgetting that the NHT's have those side firing woofers, and looking at the relatively small size compared to the rest, yet knowing they put out awesome sound.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Nice work, Mark!  Love the decor!

Neuveau retro speaker is SO in style right now!   :D

I keep forgetting that the NHT's have those side firing woofers, and looking at the relatively small size compared to the rest, yet knowing they put out awesome sound.

Thanks Brian - yes, they do have a narrow (albeit deep) footprint, hence a high WAF (If that is a consideration).

The bass response out of the single sealed 10" drivers is mind boggling.  Granted, the abundance of power from the Silver 9t amps certainly helps, but seriously - They easily best the Infinitys (2 x 12") and even the Legacys (3 x 12") in bass response.

As for the rest of the room decor, I had zero input - and quite honestly, I didn't care!  I mean hell, I have a theater room (Which I DID decorate to MY standards) AND a 2ch listening area, and all is cost me was a year of work and letting her decorate it... Who wouldn't take that deal?  🙂

• That Rocks 5
  • Love this! 1

• 5 months later...

Fourplay, Energy is a great album for Sonic Holography. Guitar front and center, bass off to stage left, piano at stage right, and drums center back. Very well done. Listening on the main 2 channel rig.

• Love this! 2

1 hour ago, Sk1Bum said:

Fourplay, Energy is a great album for Sonic Holography. Guitar front and center, bass off to stage left, piano at stage right, and drums center back. Very well done. Listening on the main 2 channel rig.

Ok Dick, now you’ve done it. I had to go buy that album too........grin

• That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

Now that I have my speakers set to where I hear the stereo image, I was listening to Chuck Loeb’s “All there is” and engaged the SH. I was hearing a difference that sounded good, wider sound stage and instruments more separated. I have never had my speakers setup correctly until recently, so I have never heard SH function “correctly”. My speakers are not setup anywhere near the correct positions per the manual. But I am in the sweet spot when listening to music. 

Edited by Dadvw
  • That Rocks 2