New music you’d like to share.

Daddyjt

The Altered Five Blues Band new album, Ten Thousand Watts, was released on September 6, 2019 via Blind Pig Records.

Edited by Sk1Bum
wrong date
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

Chris Rea One Fine Day was released on October 18, 2019 on Rhino.

Welcome to the Rea world… 

One Fine Day was originally recorded in 1980 but was never released as a single body of work and this edition comprises previously unreleased tracks, plus some that have been re-recorded. 

Here's a previously released version of One Fine Day from the Soft Top movie soundtrack

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

Julian Lage, Love Hurts was released on February 22, 2019.

Grammy-nominated guitarist Julian Lage, only 31, has already developed a reputation as one of the world’s best. On Love Hurts, Lage does his freewheeling interpretations of pieces written by a range of artists and songwriters in different genres, reflecting his never-ending musical appetite.

• Thank You 2

Some new metal here. Killswitch Engage Atonement was released on August 16, 2019. I don't know where Killswitch Engage appears on the Periodic Chart, but I'm guessing their atomic number is 150 or more... :D 

• Thank You 2

Annika Chambers, Kiss My Sass was released on August 9, 2019. This woman can wail. 

“I like to think of my sound as if Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, and Koko Taylor had a baby,” Chambers told us. “I actually combine all of those elements into one sound.” The combination has surely paid off as she was a 2X nominee for the Koko Taylor Award and recently was crowned Soul Blues Female Artist of the Year at the BMAs.

The full review is available here.

• Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Nicholas Cole  "The Weekend"  from the album The Weekend released August 2019

Thank you Charlie. I'm digging this--a lot!

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Coco Montoya's tenth solo album was released August 23, 2019 on Alligator records. 

Red-hot blues/rock guitarist, vocalist, and fan favorite Coco Montoya is revved up and rocking the house on his new album Coming In Hot, which hits the pavement August 23rd, 2019 on Alligator Records. Montoya is almost four decades into his blues career and displays the kind of masterful touch as both a guitarist and front man on his new record that only comes from giving one’s life over to the musical art. Produced by Tony Braunagel, Coming In Hot features Montoya doing his guitar-and-vocal show in front of an A-List band and contains no shortage of wonderful moments. Coco shows more taste, melodic sense, and creativity than most modern-day blues guitar players and he becomes more inspiring and engaging the closer you listen.

• That Rocks 2

Euge Groove, Slow Jams was released July 19, 2019

The well known and popular saxophonist Euge Goove has released this year a collection of slow ballads under the title Slow Jams on the label Shanachie Entertainment. Unlike previous releases, this collection, which is only available for download, mp3-album or streaming, is not documented or promoted.

• Thank You 1

U-Nam, Future Love was released on February 14, 2019.

Sometimes the making of music can be uplifting.  At other times it can simply be entertaining.  Yet in the case of ‘Future Love’, the brand new release from writer, producer and guitarist extraordinaire Emmanuel “U-Nam” Abiteboul the activity has been nothing short of cathartic.

You can read the full review here.

• Thank You 1

Perhaps not new to the world, but new to me.  I've only heard this song twice, and it's practically unbearable for me to hear (in a good way, like five for fighting's 100 years).  Since my surgery, I have a condition they call 'emotional incontinence' (my uncle would say I'm a cry baby), and moments like these are almost too much.

chorus and nearby

It's knowing that this can't go on forever
Likely one of us will have to spend some days alone
Maybe we'll get forty years together
But one day I'll be gone
Or one day you'll be gone

If we were vampires and death was a joke
We'd go out on the sidewalk and smoke
And laugh at all the lovers and their plans
I wouldn't feel the need to hold your hand
Maybe time running out is a gift
I'll work hard 'til the end of my shift
And give you every second I can find
And hope it isn't me who's left behind

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - If We Were Vampires

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

From Out of Nowhere is the fourteenth studio album by British rock band Electric Light Orchestra (ELO), and the second credited to Jeff Lynne's ELO. The band's first studio album in four years, it was released on 1 November 2019 through Big Trilby and Columbia Records.

• Thank You 3

Loosense, Saloon was released on October 4, 2019. It is the second album from the Lisbon Portugal based progressive jazz-rock band.

• Thank You 1

Michael Janisch - Worlds Collide was released on Sept 6, 2019. 

Following the breadth of 2015's live and post-processed electro-acoustic release Paradigm Shift, bassist Michael Janisch launches new project Worlds Collide with a band featuring saxophonist John O'Gallagher, trumpeter Jason Palmer, guitarist Rez Abbasi and drummer Clarence Penn.

• Thank You 1