Hello all,

My name is Douglas Thompson I am an ISCET certified electronics technician. I live in Tacoma Washington. I have been working on electronic gear for over three decades. I was teaching electronics theory at Clover Park technical College for over 4 years, and I was a field warranty technician for Carver for around 6 years. I still have and work on alot of these amplifiers every week. I am at the moment working on a pm1.5t that the entire fan assembly is missing, so I am trying gto find one to put in it.l

• Thank You 7

• Community Admin

Welcome, @DouglasT, so glad you found us.  And love your history - Please tell us more..., like..., did you ever work on Lightstar?  Perhaps do you have a Lightstar 1 schematic?  ... We are always looking for missing docs from our manuals library, and that's one that I personally would like to find (for my Lightstar Series 1 amp)...

Seriously, though, there are a number of options for the fan motor that have been posted over the years.  I think they are still available, and someone with a recent memory can post a link - Or, I'll dig it up in the coming week.  Or a Search in the search box on the Amps forums will also find it and other threads on how to address your issue.

I should ask, are you looking for the entire assembly, including the fan blade?  Or just the motor?

Again, welcome to the site!

Hi DouglasT and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) 

It's good to have another with your expertise here. I look forward to your contributions.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome! I also have a PM 1.5 which someone pulled out the entire fan assembly. I've got a number of other components to be repaired first, but I'll be interested to see what you come up with for a solution.